Debating between the Laramie and Rebel. Any Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,

I'm looking to purchase a Ram 1500 4x4, and debating between the Laramie and the Rebel. I'm leaning towards the Laramie simply due to their availability, but I'm a little drawn to the Rebel (due to the looks).

Anyone else debate between these two trim levels? If so, why did you pick one over the other? Maybe there are a few things I'm not considering.

Thx

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The Rebel has the BW 44-45 Part-Time transfer case. Power is sent to the front wheels all the time when 4X4 is selected. It is not as friendly to driving on dry pavement in 4x4 as binding can occur when turning. If you plan on traversing sand, mud, and snow in more off the road driving, this may be the way to go.
The Laramie has the BW 44-44 Full-Time transfer case. It uses a clutch pack to drive the front wheels. The power to the front wheels is controlled and applied when wheel slippage is detected and turning. Some people are less than enthused about it performance while off-roading.

Rken1288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The Rebel has the BW 44-45 Part-Time transfer case. Power is sent to the front wheels all the time when 4X4 is selected. It is not as friendly to driving on dry pavement in 4x4 as binding can occur when turning. If you plan on traversing sand, mud, and snow in more off the road driving, this may be the way to go.
The Laramie has the BW 44-44 Full-Time transfer case. It uses a clutch pack to drive the front wheels. The power to the front wheels is controlled and applied when wheel slippage is detected and turning. Some people are less than enthused about it performance while off-roading.

If you don't want the ecodiesel I'd go with the Rebel....awesome looking truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It depends what kind of truck your looking for rebel is more for performance and looks and Laramie is more Luxury and comfort

Either one they are awesome trucks

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got a Laramie and I love it. As mentioned, the luxury options that come standard are great. It's my daily driver, so I wanted some comfort. I've never driven a Rebel, so can't comment too much, but I do understand how you feel, they are a great looking truck.

I_Digg_Durt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from a 14 Laramie Eco Diesel to a 16 Ram rebel just 2 months ago... Depends what you want in a truck.

Things I love on the Rebel... Air ride, Looks, Fun factor
Things I miss from the Laramie... Cooled seats, key and go, mpg's, auto dimming headlights, rain sensitive wipers, ride quality.

The fun and unique of the Rebel has worn off... I'd go with a Laramie again if I did it over.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wanted a really nice inside. Laramie got my vote over the rebel. I couldn't care for red stretching

ramhornet15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted the rebel, but my wife asked me if I was 18 or something. I'm 36. She hating. It had the looks but I like is what my ram sport has compared to the rebel. Cooled seats for instance. I did like the unique interior of the rebel.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Laramie has my vote if you're a highway guy and hardly ever leave the pavement. The Rebel is kind of designed to be "off road lite" meaning it has some slightly beefier parts for leaving the pavement but not beefy enough to be a real off road bushwhacker

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One's pretty common and ones not . I prefer the Rebel just because its not something you see every day or at least less often..

WURST1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I wanted the rebel, but my wife asked me if I was 18 or something. I'm 36. She hating. It had the looks but I like is what my ram sport has compared to the rebel. Cooled seats for instance. I did like the unique interior of the rebel.
Bought my laramie about 6 weeks ago and I drove the Rebel for a test drive (twice). In the end my wife made that comment also but the selling points were all the options on the Laramie the Rebel didn't have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Aries75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I love my Laramie, but didnt know I was giving up payload for luxury. Will you be towing? everyday driving like others posted before? If I can do it again I'll still go with the Laramie for the ride quality and the features that it comes with. Ram has to do better with the payload #s for their upper trim level trucks.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I would go with the Laramie. Everyone seems to be hating on the chrome these days but I love it on these trucks. Looks classy and tough IMO. The Rams and the Sierra are the only two that can pull it off these days. But the Ram even does it better than the GMC.

The Rebel will do much better off road right off the lot though. Mainly just cus of the tires. The factory Goodyear SR or whatever on the non Rebel trucks blow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990