Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > General Discussions

General Discussions

Heard of a bad oil code? Stealership story.

This is a discussion on Heard of a bad oil code? Stealership story. within the General Discussions forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Originally Posted by Tangent Its really disturbing that it's gotten to where you have to put your phone in your ...

Like Tree180Likes

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 6.4 Hemi
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
Its really disturbing that it's gotten to where you have to put your phone in your front shirt pocket with the camera lens sticking out and recording audio and video for when you're forced to call the crooked dealerships out by taking them to court.

Dealers don't look at us as customers to be respected and appreciated, we are subhuman supplicants to be exploited. If you aren't obedient to them and don't get your oil changes and other paid services done there, you have betrayed them and must be disciplined. I'm not even exaggerating either.
Whats disturbing to me is the amount of people who will so readily accept some strangers word, and pile it on. There is usually two sides to every story.
I've been in the business a long time. I have never lied to a customer, customers lie to me every day.
I don't deny there are bad Dealers out there, but for every bad dealer, there are hundreds of bad customers.
I'm not saying this guy is a liar or bad customer. Or this is a bad dealer, I don't have enough information either way.
tjfdesmo likes this.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
yoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Engine: 2015 2500 CCSB 4x4 6.4 Hemi
People use "stealership" with reckless abandon, and there are plenty, but not everybody is a crook. On the other side of the counter, we say "buyers are liars", but not all buyers are liars. Good customer service begins with "good customer".
GreenClassic, O.R.T. and savage_46 like this.
tjfdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 2500
Engine: Hemi 6.4
OP's post just reads weird. Almost like he knew what the outcome would be but still went ahead and let them do whatever they were going to do.

I think there is partial story being told here or a made up one.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: 5.7
Gosh I read these bad dealership experience stories so often on here i feel so bad for all of you who have these experiences. I wish I had more local people here to help out. So sorry to hear. Hope it all works out. I'm a dodge tech BTW. That's why I say what I say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
welp.....I'm subscribed!

Old 08-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by MOPAR4LIFE 13 View Post
czardog....Mark

I am not going to get into a pissing match about the post you put on this site, but I am a representative from the dealership and I have in my hand your bill that you paid. I also have the diag of your vehicle along with over 8 warranty claims that we have done for you. I suggest you advise the people on this forum what you REALLY paid and how the diag REALLY went down. Also, if you like, I can take a picture of your bill (without your personal information on it of course, only your last 4 of your vin) and a picture of the diag for the forum to see...We don't have an issue with public forum as long as the information is correct...
Hello MOPAR4LIFE 13,

Posting this information IS important. In this forum we read everyone's stories the way the OP writes them. We very seldom see both sides ... and this IS important. It tends to keep us honest!

What is the origin of a 'bad oil' diagnostic? Thanks for your consideration ...
Broyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
hmmmmmm....

Old 08-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
This is going to be fun. I can see the bans and s***storm coming

Old 08-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #29 (permalink)

Engine: 6.4L
This should be interesting....
InvictusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Originally Posted by tjfdesmo View Post
People use "stealership" with reckless abandon, and there are plenty, but not everybody is a crook. On the other side of the counter, we say "buyers are liars", but not all buyers are liars. Good customer service begins with "good customer".
Sorry, that's backwards......why should I be a good customer if you don't provide good service ??

And I have had people from the dealership lie to my face.

Originally Posted by MOPAR4LIFE 13 View Post
czardog....Mark

I am not going to get into a pissing match about the post you put on this site, but I am a representative from the dealership and I have in my hand your bill that you paid. I also have the diag of your vehicle along with over 8 warranty claims that we have done for you. I suggest you advise the people on this forum what you REALLY paid and how the diag REALLY went down. Also, if you like, I can take a picture of your bill (without your personal information on it of course, only your last 4 of your vin) and a picture of the diag for the forum to see...We don't have an issue with public forum as long as the information is correct...

Hmmm...interesting for sure, as I'm not so sure there is enough info in the OP's post to identify him well enough to have a copy of the bill, unless there is at least some truth to what he said.

Last edited by TRCM; 08-29-2016 at 02:19 PM.
TRCM is offline   Reply With Quote