Help with putting Power Seats in to replace manual seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hqinusa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I need help!! I have a 2014 Express with manual seats and purchased heated / cooled Laramie seats. I'm trying to get the power working to adjust the seats. Can anyone walk me through it? I know to run power to it, but there are ton of wires on the seats. As well, I understand the heat/cooling may require additional effort, but again I'm just interested in the power right now. I've already upgraded my Radio to 8.4N, climate bezel, rear view camera, steering wheel, etc... But this seat is kicking my butt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help!! I have a 2014 Express with manual seats and purchased heated / cooled Laramie seats. I'm trying to get the power working to adjust the seats. Can anyone walk me through it? I know to run power to it, but there are ton of wires on the seats. As well, I understand the heat/cooling may require additional effort, but again I'm just interested in the power right now. I've already upgraded my Radio to 8.4N, climate bezel, rear view camera, steering wheel, etc... But this seat is kicking my butt.

Drivers side yellow plug...solid red wire is positive/solid black is negative....passnger side yellow plug. Black wire negative/ red wire directly under black wire in plug is positive. My truck is a 14 Express and my seats were out of a 14 Laramie. My wiring in my plugs were diffetent than the Laramie plugs. I installed my seat harnesses out of my stock seats in the Laramie seats. Extremely simple. Drivers side only has airbag passenger side has occupancy sensor and airbag. I only hooked up my factory harness to what my original seats had and just plugged them back in my truck. I left all the other wiring in the Laramie seats alone and just ran power and ground to the two yellow plugs as described. They work great had them in for around six months with no issues. You will have to partially disassemble your seats to change over the harness but it's not hard to do. Don't worry about all of the other wires just install your harnesses and hook up positive and ground to Laramie harnesses and your done. You want constant power to your seats so just run a fused wire directly from.the battery. I have heard some guys say there plugs had similar wiring to the Laramie seats but mine did not. If your wiring in your plug matches the Laramie plug you can just plug it in and then run your power and ground to the wires mentioned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hqinusa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Thanks.... That worked. Also, to all those with quad cabs... the crew seats fit just fine...