Hometown Premium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kxlexus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What would you do? I have been emailing some dealers to get pricing on the 2013 Laramie I plan on ordering. I have narrowed it down to 3 dealers. All 3 are at or below the Chrysler Affiliates price.

The first dealer is in the town I live in and I pass their dealership everyday. They are at Chrysler affiliates price but are charging a $299 doc fee. I haven't tried haggeling with them yet.

The second dealer is about an hour away. They only charge a $64 doc fee and they are a total of $615 cheaper than the hometown dealer. I worked on them pretty hard and believe they are as low as they are going.

The third dealer is about 2 hours away. They are $936 cheaper than my local dealer. This was their 1st offer but they are way under invoice and I doubt they will go any lower. They only have a $99 doc fee so not much room to cut there.

Which deal would you take? I have no history with any of these dealers as I have always bought either Chevy or GMC trucks in the past. I would like to support my local dealer and it would be convenient for warranty work. I know the warranty is good at any dealer but I am sure I wouldn't get priority service and a free loaner if bought elsewhere and taken to the local dealer for service. But I don't want to get reamed either. They all pay the same price for the trucks, I guess.

Interested in hearing your responses.

Steve

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take what you have to the local dealer. They'll match it or they won't.......your money spends the same at any of them. Around here they are itching to get another dealers service work . I wouldn't be worried about the food chain of dealer loyalty when it comes to service.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ Exactly. Tell them how you want to support local ,and want to build a relationship for parts and service for years to come (WHERE THEY MAKE ALL THEIR MONEY! wink wink)
If they won't play ball, your most powerful tool is to walk away. You're smart enough to have options up your sleeve already.