Hurst Ram R/t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Ram/2013 Charger R/T Super Trak Pak
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
Just wrote to Arrington about install cost on this since I am not that far from them.... :********:

May the Mopar gods have mercy on your soul. I've been watching their work with the 6.1L Hemi and it's scary in a way that's no bueno.

They might.... MIGHT be able to build a motor but they can't tune to save their ass, and their motor building attempts are sketchy at best... Especially when they decided to try the 375 bored out to 440ci...

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Silver thats an awesome truck and Chris im glad someone else has seen their sketch work.

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
Yup. I've seen their work on the 6.1 but the job they did on a friend of mines 09 Challenger R/T was horrible. I don't know about you, but when the car is basically stock with twin turbos added onto it and you take it to someone to have the motor stroked out to 6.0L, I would be expecting the setup to GAIN HP not lose HP.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, that scares me.

The only feedback I have heard is from autobred. He had them install a cam and tune his Ram R/T.

Just realized autobred is on this thread... HAHAHA!

Last edited:

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
I dunno dude. I used to think they had a pretty well known and well managed business, as I had really never heard anything but sheer brilliance coming from them, but over the last year I haven't heard anything worth noting on the "good" list.

Most of you know that when it comes to a performance shop, RDP is who I trust and try to represent. When the Dodge Challenger first hit the scene, RDP started buying Arrington's 440ci stroker motor for that car. They made power and gobs of it but the bore was way too close to the water jacket causing severe heat issues and life problems. IIRC, RDP was getting about 10,000 miles out of that motor before having to go in and refresh it. Now, if this were a high compression motor, I could understand, but these motors were built on a low compression design so that boosting them would not be an issue.

It was because of this dealing between the two shops that RDP started doing in house engine building.

All of that I can deal with considering that at the time, this was a new platform for the most part. The motor had been around awhile but no one was really tearing into them yet.

Enter the 09 challenger that I mentioned. The owner took that car to RDP in the first place and all they did was work the heads and slap twin turbos on the car. That was it outside of a tune. It was already a trusted six speed and little had to be done to reliably push the car to 5PSI of boost. As with all horsepower addicted junkies the guy wanted more and for whatever reason, took it to Arrington for a motor tear down and rebuild. They took the motor from the factory 5.7L and totally overhauled it with fresh parts adding in a stroker kit taking it out to 6.0L. Not alot, but a respectable amount nonetheless.

Arrington claimed that car was running around 800HP to the wheels after the motor was completed and they tuned it in. Owner of the car thought,"Cool!", but when he got it back, it deal feel to have a lot of extra power. In fact, it seemed to be DOWN on power and it was. I do not know what RDP had the car up to before Arrington got their hands on it, but from what I was told, the car lost power after they were done with it.

After RDP worked through the entire motor, fixed a great deal of errors and slapped a real tune on it, I think they got it up to 760HP to the wheels or so. RDP and the owner of the Challenger both have been very quiet about it to say the least, but I do know of a video they took...

Damn, I had to dig to find it, and it's on FB. I'm going to post a link to it here, but I don't think it will work. I'm going to have to do some looking around and see if I can get it posted.

Last edited:

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
[yt]o_ABIh-fXcs[/yt]

Sometimes you just have to be redneck about your tech stuff. lol Sorry, but it's a cam of a cam.

autobred

Reaction score
Ram Year
sold* 10' R/T..13' R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats sucks big ones Chris! I know if that was my motor Id be pissed too. I dont know what to say but only share my personal experience with Arrington. I went there to get a cam. AJ (hemituner) shophemi did my tuning. Josh (highhorseman) of hhpracing is the only other tuner Ive had first hand experience with also when it comes to my truck, he tuned my AR headers and probably be tuning my boost also when its time. Im really liking the procharger setup also. He just finished up a bonestock 2009 5.7 challenger last friday with the Procharger Tuner Kit at 8 psi and saw 530whp/500wtq really liking that! They both can be easily found at lxforums.com HHPRACING and ShopHemi.com. Ron, Mike of DTPracing is near you too bro! I believe he runs the 9.5 sec lx car. All I can say is I dont have anything negative to say about AJ. I arrived at Arringtons to do the cam install at 8am and didnt leave till 12 midnite that night after AJ did my CMR tune.
Ron, my advice to you is go to lxforums.com and join. Get feedbacks from the many people who has dealt with their tunes and products PM people that has had first hand experience, read posts that is pertained toward them personally or simply just do searches on boost. They have power adders section where you can see them pop up now and then. Personally I wouldnt have no problem going back to those shops, but thats me. :005:

Last edited:

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
Man, I'm not out to dog anyone or talk down to someone who has had or who is having work done through them. I just know that I'm seeing more bad than good is all.

Hope your system goes smoothly.

autobred

Reaction score
Ram Year
sold* 10' R/T..13' R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know that bro, if I had a friend who got burned I guess Id have to mention it also, and thats never easy to do. A maggie isnt my first choice anyways, a liquid cooled single turbo setup is, if not a procharger. I wanna stay n/a for a little while regardless... its just good to see the boost companys release their stuff finally.

Last edited:

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's a guy on another forum that has done some CRAZY work on his RC...it's now on a fully custom 5/6 static drop, a different transfer case to make it all time AWD, it's got 4.10s and a locker, an R/T converter, a 6.1 intake....oh, and a fully home built TWIN TURBO setup:

Truck20Pics220006.jpg
Truck20Pics220003.jpg
Turbo20001.jpg
Turbo20005.jpg
Turbo20009.jpg
Turbo20010.jpg
Turbo20012.jpg
Turbo20014.jpg

Copperhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
His name is Mike, Awesome dude and great fabricator. He has done everything on that truck himself, from scratch. He is about 3 hours from me.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
with all the talk of that ram.......someone needs to email him and invite him over! Anyone has his email addy?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
If you haven't, I will J.

I haven't - I dont' have his email addy. I can't send it via pm's - last thing I want is to get banned anywhere where I generate income! :Wedgie:

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That will be a nice truck with an expensive option package!

I believe the Hurst Challenger's were running aroung $65k,

AlTheKiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a guy on another forum that has done some CRAZY work on his RC...it's now on a fully custom 5/6 static drop, a different transfer case to make it all time AWD, it's got 4.10s and a locker, an R/T converter, a 6.1 intake....oh, and a fully home built TWIN TURBO setup:

Truck20Pics220006.jpg
Truck20Pics220003.jpg
Turbo20001.jpg
Turbo20005.jpg
Turbo20009.jpg
Turbo20010.jpg
Turbo20012.jpg
Turbo20014.jpg

id be interested in knowing what transfer case he is running. awesome truck :drool: