Mopar Express service fact or fiction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammerheadc4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
So I bring my Ram 1500 in for an Oil change at 3pm, at 4:30 the service writer comes out into the waiting room...says the tech was "having a problem" so she assigned a master tech to my truck and it should be ready soon.........I look at the other customer in the waiting area and say...I'm here for an oil change...what possible problem could they have?
5pm I was offered a car to take home....They said they Flashed the radio and it crashed....they have to get another flash for the radio, and if it doesn't take..... they have to replace the radio.
I told them they have to do it on a Saturday, and if the truck works, I can live without a radio for two days till they can attempt to flash it again.
Stuff happens, but....two hours for an oil change?

Tuffguy707

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
oh another lovely dealer experience.

I need my truck and the only day i have available in the winter time is Saturday so i figured I'd let my dealer do my first oil change knowing how big a pain the factory filter is to get off. I showed up at 8 am as thats the time they open on sat and they said i could wait ( which i was going to anyhow). Well 4 hrs later and steam coming from my head i get my truck back. Every time i asked the service department what was taking so long all they said was they where waiting on the radio update to load. Come to find out the tech didn't know what he was doing and they had to flash it 10 times. I was not happy. I made them put it in writing that if i ever have issues with it that they are responsible.

Oh another thing that happened during this experience is when I walked into the service garage to look at my truck the kid had just put it up on the lift. I watched as the kid then grabbed my tow hooks and started shaking the truck violently. As this was going on the owner of the dealership walked in and said hi how are you. I said not good. if that guy pull my truck off the rack you are buying me a new one. He said no we will fix it, I said NO its a brand new truck and I want it replaced if that idiot kid pulls it off the rack. Just then the kid process to put his whole hand that was covered in grease and oil on the side of my truck. I looked at the owner and was like really? This is how your serviced department works. He walked over and fired the kid.

Needless to say Im doing everything else to my truck.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
My dealer, go in for oil change, i leave within 30 minutes :)

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
man I've heard horrible things about the radio in the new models, kinda glad I got the 2010 now. In and out within 25 minutes at Chrysler for oil changes.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I do it myself in about 15, but 30 isn't too bad to wait.

Yup, got about 2 years worth of free changes so taking advantage of them :)

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are they asking you if you want them to update the radio first?

unless there was a tsb or a recall on it why are they doing it?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why are they doing that period in an express lube area? I don't want some kid in highschool ever messing with the computer on my truck. I can understand shaking the truck on the lift to make sure its not teatering at any of the corners but that is done maybe at the most an inch off the ground.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've flashed three new updates to the 8.4AN in my Jeep. It's on rocket science. I don't know how you could mess it up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

OP
OP
H

Hammerheadc4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
No, they didn't ask me to do the update....I got a couple years of free oil changes when I bought the truck (good at any dodge dealer)
Been doing my own service on my vehicles for years....except when under warranty.
I would have told them not to flash anything....everything was working fine.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have only let the dealership work on my vehicles once. When I got my Trailblazer years ago I got free state inspections for the life of the vehicle at the stealership. A few years after I bought it I moved and was actually able to try and take advantage of the offer. I took it in and they told me I had a brake light out and they replaced it then they told me that my sending unit had corroded the top of my tank and it was going to cost $1600 to fix. I immediately told them to take my car off the lift because I wanted MY mechanic to look at it. I took it to my guy and he looked at it and said that it wasn't corrosion just dry mud that got up on top of my tank. Oh, and that 1157 bulb they replaced cost me $23.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dam....so they did the oil change and decided that let's flash it too...that's insane...without even asking you first about it.

That's why I did my own oil change for the first time ever. It was a simple process and I put in the best oil money can buy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No Express lane at my dealership and I was still in and out in 45 minutes.
I asked for my free oil change (since I've had the truck 6 months) and that's what they did. I so my own maintenance but I would have absolutely no problem taking my truck to this dealer again.

Even let my test drive an EcoDiesel while I waited!!

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealers don't touch my truck. I wouldn't trust them to replace the tailgate spoiler cover.