Name a DIY situation you did to your Ram that went horribly wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
welp i ****** up a nice diy today. I was in the process of reupholstering my headliner to make it black. Got all the foam off down the the flimsy ass cardboard.

Got my material all laid out, put the glue on. Started to put the material on....good lord i ****** that one up. Crinkled in spots deformed the cardboard in spots. Ended up having to peel it off. I think ill just be taking it to a shop tomorrow.... too annoying for me. There goes $70 on material and glue. Probably another 100 for a shop to do it.

Oh well worth a try.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Painted my engine cover, while it looks half decent in this picture, I scrapped off the paint in two spots re-installing it :hidesbehindsofa:

I did exactly the same thing I dont much care still had fun painting it and I'm the only one looking at it lol

7510derrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was installing my 3.5" front lift on my 14 2500. This lift came with relocation brackets for the front torsion bars. I had the new brackets installed and it was time to place the torsion bars into the new brackets. I used a bottle jack inbetween the frame and the torsion bars. BIG MISTAKE!!!

The bottle jack slipped and the torsion bar sprung back to where it wanted to be. It took my right index finger with it. It crushed the upper 1/4 of my finger. I missed about three weeks of work because of it.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I was installing my 3.5" front lift on my 14 2500. This lift came with relocation brackets for the front torsion bars. I had the new brackets installed and it was time to place the torsion bars into the new brackets. I used a bottle jack inbetween the frame and the torsion bars. BIG MISTAKE!!!

The bottle jack slipped and the torsion bar sprung back to where it wanted to be. It took my right index finger with it. It crushed the upper 1/4 of my finger. I missed about three weeks of work because of it.
Jesus that sucks man!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Rustproofcorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel

And this is why I don't do that stuff. I am the biggest klutz in the world. Please tell me u can still pull the trigger of a gun. That's you second most important finger.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

I feel your pain. Crushed the tip of my right hand pinky putting in a new lower control arm on a Ford Crown Vic and had a jack slip also during compression.

Vehicle coil springs are nothing to be taken lightly when it comes to safety.