I'm getting a "Wrong key fob" message except I don't have a key fob.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcjfla76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my 2016 1500 3.6L new and the package didn't come with remote start or remote door lock fobs. In the past 6 months I have been getting a message when trying to start my truck that says "Wrong key Fob". I've tried both keys back-to-back with the exact same results so I assume that means that it's on the ignition side and not my keys. It happened a few times during the summer, but it's really happening more with the temperatures dipping down near 60°F and below.

I did my best trying to search for this specific problem and everything I found was talking about actual key fob issues. If you have any knowledge of what I'm dealing with, please let me know if there's anything I can do myself. I just spent $4,000 having the cams redone earlier in the year so I'm really praying this isn't going to be an expensive problem. Thank you!

Last edited: