Picked up a 2017 V6 1500 Crew Cab!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
OMG why didn't I get this earlier! Dealer near me was selling them for $29K. I left $4K down, I love this Pickup!

It's literally like a moving apartment HAHAHAHA! I folded the rear seats, and dropped the flat flooring, I can literally sleep comfortably back there if I layed down a mat or air bed! It's easy for me, I literally fit perfectly because I'm only 5'8 LOL!

I'll upload a pic tomorrow, I'm home right now having a celebratory drink, Captain Morgan to the Rescue LOL!

I need to get Navigation though, surprised it wasn't an included feature. I might get those step rails/side steps or whatever you call them so it's easier to get into the truck. I'm short LOL.

I got the V6 just to save a bit of gas, but deep down, I love the Hemi!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
First, just not right to crack open cat Morgan unless you have enough for all of us!

Congrats. Have to love a V6 with close to same hp and torque of the 4.7 V8 it replaced.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You'll be very happy with that truck...I'm sure!

Get a Garmin GPS and don't look back...as cheap as $100...but you could spend a bit more and get a larger screen. Get one with lifetime maps update. Mount it on the windshield or get a Bayou Goat Mount for $50 and mount it on that...Love mine!

Post up a pic when you get a chance!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Looks very sharp! Congrats! Good luck with it. I love my 17 and I'm sure you will love yours too!

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Thanks guys! Drove it today for a good 2 hours, so freaking happy! I might stick to using my iphone 7 plus for Navigation, I love the cell phone holder on the center console, it really holds it in place. Added bonus, the dealer didn't even tell me it had auto start!!! I was walking to the truck today, looked at the key and was like "wtf is this 2x button?" Fired right up! SWEET!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 203

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks guys! Drove it today for a good 2 hours, so freaking happy! I might stick to using my iphone 7 plus for Navigation, I love the cell phone holder on the center console, it really holds it in place. Added bonus, the dealer didn't even tell me it had auto start!!! I was walking to the truck today, looked at the key and was like "wtf is this 2x button?" Fired right up! SWEET!!!

Yep- save your money on the built in Nav- they are junk!

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats! Love the color your new truck.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First, just not right to crack open cat Morgan unless you have enough for all of us!

Congrats. Have to love a V6 with close to same hp and torque of the 4.7 V8 it replaced.

Close to same HP, about 60 torque less than the 4.7. 310-330 for 4.7, 305-269 for 3.6

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
Congrats on the new truck. I have a V6 and it's plenty for me.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@ op, do you have the 8.4 Ra3 (non nav) radio or the 5.0 Ra2?

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
@ op, do you have the 8.4 Ra3 (non nav) radio or the 5.0 Ra2?

It's the big screen Uconnect and it says I need to unlock the Nav to use it, if that helps?

I tried hooking up my phone via bluetooth, I thought the map from the iphone would show up on that huge screen, but no. Only the VR/voice button on the steering wheel work with siri. Unless I missed something? Wish there was a way to have the apple maps show on the big screen.

Tomorrow I'm going to a truck shop that accessorizes trucks, can't wait to have them install the side steps and the step for the bed to step up in there. I need to get a water proof tool box for the rear, lockable of course. I carry various tools, ammo, and my rifle with me everywhere.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
It's the big screen Uconnect and it says I need to unlock the Nav to use it, if that helps?

I tried hooking up my phone via bluetooth, I thought the map from the iphone would show up on that huge screen, but no. Only the VR/voice button on the steering wheel work with siri. Unless I missed something? Wish there was a way to have the apple maps show on the big screen.

One way to mirror your phone on the radio is via a LockPick Air v2, but I'm not sure if it's still compatible with current iOS software.

If you decide that you want your Ra3/Vp3-NA radio's Nav activated for much less than the dealer, pm me with your email address and I will point you in the right direction.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome and congrats on the truck

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Tomorrow I'm going to a truck shop that accessorizes trucks, can't wait to have them install the side steps and the step for the bed to step up in there. I need to get a water proof tool box for the rear, lockable of course. I carry various tools, ammo, and my rifle with me everywhere.

The 2018's have apple car play and android auto and let you use your phone from the screen and display maps etc, unfortunately 2013-2017 don't.

Nice truck, and congrats. You got the best colour. :favorites13: