Picking up my "new" 2014 Quad Cab 1500 Lone Star

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Really excited and ready to learn on here. Pick up on Thursday. It is a

2014 Quad Cab Lone Star 1500
19,900 miles
5.7 Hemi
3.21 Gear Ratio
$23,000 from private seller

I'm immediately putting about $1000 into it. Getting the interior cleaned out as she was a heavy heavy smoker, has a nasty ding on the door (won't be too expensive though) and it was rear ended and they replaced the bed of the truck (online sites registered it as minor damage not involving the frame and I had it double checked), but the new bed needs a spray liner and I am putting in an oil catch can. Finally I'm going to put in a cold air intake.

Makes it sound like a lot, but it really is in immaculate condition. She is a friend of my parents' whose husband died a year ago and it is the mythical truck that has only been driven to church and back over the past year. She has vision problems and it is only driven each Sunday when my parents go to pick her up from church.

OP
OP
T

TruckNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
By the way, I was REALLY tempted with all the new sales and discounts they have. $34k for a $47k truck. Two year from now, I'd do that in a heart beat, but right now, there is a big difference in my bank account between $24k (after fixes) and $34k.

OP
OP
T

TruckNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks. My first truck and although I don't think I'm getting a steal, I think I'm getting a good deal. Especially where I am right now. I'm looking forward to changing it up a bit.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You didn't say if it was 2wd or 4 wd. I traded my loaded 4wd big horn for 25. 50kmiles. But never been wrecked or a scratch. That damage may hurt you in resale. Carfax search.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
:happy107: Congrats!

OP
OP
T

TruckNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You didn't say if it was 2wd or 4 wd. I traded my loaded 4wd big horn for 25. 50kmiles. But never been wrecked or a scratch. That damage may hurt you in resale. Carfax search.

Should have bought off of you! Oh well. I know there would be better deals to be found, but I can't fret over that. It is a 2wd. And I agree about the resale, but I tend to keep my vehicles for a good while. I've never bought new and keep them for 7-9 years on top of that. Who knows, I'd love to keep this one longer.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hmm, is it a 4x4?
$23K is what I paid for my quad cab express 4x4 in the spring this year.
The only thing I didn't like was it had cloth seats and looks like something was spilled in the driver seat.
I plan to get Catskinz leather done some time soon anyway.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
congrats. sounds like a good deal to me, esp since you know the truck. enjoy.