A post I never wanted to make

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its killing me inside, but the reality of my situation has caused this to be my only option. I will be trading my truck in as soon as I can make a deal. I love my truck more than anything but I just cant afford it anymore. At least for right now. Every month I have to choose which bills not to pay, which bills can hold off until the next paycheck. Ive maxed out several credit cards in the process. Its time I start taking my life back. Unfortunately the truck is not an expense I can justify.

I'm looking to get around 30 from the dealer, I wont accept anything less. My truck is fully loaded, and was 53k when new. Ive checked around the dealers in my area and their all selling similar trucks with similar mileage with less options for more than this. I'm looking to get a hybrid of some sort, found some for pretty cheap. Trying to keep my expenses under 10k.

I just wanted to let you all know, I'm hating this, but their no other option anymore. I'm sure Ill be back someday. Ill pop in here and their to see whats goin on. I'm sure Ill be back in a Ram one day, when Ive got everything back on track.

Looks like I got some 4.56 gears for sale heh...anyone with a 2011 Ive got front/rear gears and master install kits.....

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I seriously doubt anyone here will blame you. A truck is a truck and there's not a truck cool enough on this earth worth giving up your life/financial stability for. Do what you need to do man, like you said. You gotta get your life back. I wish you the best man

Johntom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I respect that you see a problem and are changing it... Too many people would just ignore it and let it get worse.

+100000 respect points

By the way, having a hybrid can be fun too I'm sure once you get used to it

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you are doing the smart thing man. You will get your finances straight and one day you will be back in a truck

KLRpanda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
your making the right choice man.. when i got laid off in 08 for 8 months i watched my Red SRT-10 leave me and go to someone else... but i couldn't afford it. it sucks at the time but it's the right thing to do. sorry to hear man best of luck to you i hope things get better!

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The great thing about the automotive industry is that they make new trucks and cars everyday. Do what you gotta do now and you can always buy another truck when the time is right.

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
you are a far better man to take control of things. like said above , they keep making new cars and trucks every day.

Guts~n~Glory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I feel for you but I think you are making a wise choice and the way things are you are not alone in having to make a hard choice and that takes courage.

BTW I will be setting on my porch looking at my truck wishing gas was cheaper so I could drive it some where far while you are out and about getting to go here and there in your hybrid vehicle.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
at least your making the right choice here. some people would just let it go and get worse. end up loosing more things trying to afford the truck.

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best ***** about you, is you realize a problem, and are taking the appropriate steps. All the way to you man

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I think you're doing the right thing also. Anyway, don't feel like you can't spend as much time on the forum as you did because you sold your truck. Ram is not just a set of keys... if you love your truck that much, it's in your heart. We all share that Ram passion here. That's why we spend so much time here. Don't just pop in here... hang out. You'll get another truck soon enough.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Been there as a young Soldier with a family but hung in there and things got better over time. Your situation will improve thats for sure just keep working hard and if you decide to get another Ram some day there will still be alot to choose from.

To3z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about your truck man. You'll be back in a Ram soon enough. Are the gears new or used?

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
you think you would want to trade the truck in and get a used 04 or 05 for around 10k? Really sorry to hear that man, 53k car isnt easy for many people to keep up with

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i hope you can figure out your finances. but i'm thinking your going to have a hard time getting that much trade on a year old truck. who do you have your financing thru? I know that when my buddy had this truck thru Ally and he lost his job, they let him slide a few months and just added it on the end of the loan, perhaps they could help you out

rtmoparguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 laramie
Engine
get your ducks in a row and your ass back in a Ram soon..good luck!

Last edited:

WhySoSerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not Yet
Engine
To Be Announced
Yeah man, as much as this sucks that you have to do this, who can really blame you? Your situtation calls for saving as much money as you can until you can get back on your feet. A hybrid makes the most sense for you.

Hopefully you will get back on your feet, get your finances in order, and maybe the economy will get better. When these things happen we certainly hope to see you again with a new Ram.

Until then.......good luck to you getting your life in order. Look forward to the day when you CAN have a Ram again. That day will come. But for now it makes sense that you get a hyrbid and live a little frugally for a while.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good decision. Sure it'll suck but your credit is worth more than a shiny truck sitting in the driveway. Get everything back on track and you'll be back in a truck quicker than you know it