Truck can't be programmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
UPDATE:

Parts that were flown in arrived today, and the dealer called me to tell me pick her up. When I got there 5 mechanics were standing around the truck.

The truck will accept a program but once the key FOBS leave the truck the truck drops the codes and key fobs will not allow the truck to start.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
UPDATE:

Parts that were flown in arrived today, and the dealer called me to tell me pick her up. When I got there 5 mechanics were standing around the truck.

The truck will accept a program but once the key FOBS leave the truck the truck drops the codes and key fobs will not allow the truck to start.

I've been a Chrysler tech for just about 10 years and I gotta say, your situation is up there with the weirdest problems I've heard of.

A truck losing the programming would point to the RF hub being faulty but you've already gone through a couple of those, and key fobs. So there has to be something else going on. When it fails and won't start, will the key fobs still lock/unlock the doors? Do you have anything aftermarket on the truck that is electronic, HIDs,cell phone charger etc.?

Last edited:

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wonder if there is some anti theft function thats blowing away the code. The computer thinks its still tampered perhaps. Not sure how they've implemented that on the RAM. PCM swap next?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Somewhat spit balling this but having dealt with like situations at my job with electronics, almost sounds like a ground issue or the power/ground are swapped somewhere on one of the electronics component of the system.

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
They won't just give me one. I just made a deal on a 2016 same options plus a few more with the 3.92 gears.

I wanted a better deal but I can't sit here in CA any longer and need to hit the road. New truck should get here today worst case tomorrow, I also don't trust the old truck anymore and being its out of warranty I don't want problems on a 3,000 mile drive

Last edited: