What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
also tell me which part of a story sounds better....

"he jumped in his truck and slammed it into gear and took off to save his girl"

or...

"he jumped in his truck and very swiftly turned the knob to drive and took off to save his girl"

:roflsquared:

You can't even turn it swiftly, it will break off. So actually it is ""he jumped in his truck and very carefully turned the knob to drive and took off to save his girl"

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
You can't even turn it swiftly, it will break off. So actually it is ""he jumped in his truck and very carefully turned the knob to drive and took off to save his girl"

you can only turn it swiftly after the truck notices you pushing the brake and then says its ok

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
yeah and since the tranny is electronically controlled you still have to step on the brake but heh maybe they will bring the stick back for an extra $500 dollars ill keep my knob shifter thanks

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what I get from this:

Rednecks and old people hate it, and everyone else likes it or can live with it.

Everyone that gets in my truck thinks its awesome. Of course if a girl gets and complains about something on the truck, she can get out.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
So what I get from this:

Rednecks and old people hate it, and everyone else likes it or can live with it.

Everyone that gets in my truck thinks its awesome. Of course if a girl gets and complains about something on the truck, she can get out.

im younger and in-between city and country :flipthebird: lol

no those of us who like a classic style of truck dont like the knob, IMO its just one more electronic thing to fail that was never an issue in the past, i know a few that have already had to have that thing replaced because their truck wouldn't go in gear cause that thing malfunctioned

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

no those of us who like a classic style of truck dont like the knob, IMO its just one more electronic thing to fail that was never an issue in the past, i know a few that have already had to have that thing replaced because their truck wouldn't go in gear cause that thing malfunctioned

You had a Camaro on 38" tires - there is nothing city about that. That is about as country as it gets :roflsquared::roflsquared:

Things will always fail - but to your point it is only a matter of time (if it hasn't happened yet) that the column shifter is electronic as well. Almost all console shifters are this way now. I could also make an argument that the electronic shift is more reliable than a traditional due to no moving parts.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
unable to modify tpms on 16+ and crappy light output (hid's or led's would be nice)..

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
You had a Camaro on 38" tires - there is nothing city about that. That is about as country as it gets :roflsquared::roflsquared:

Things will always fail - but to your point it is only a matter of time (if it hasn't happened yet) that the column shifter is electronic as well. Almost all console shifters are this way now. I could also make an argument that the electronic shift is more reliable than a traditional due to no moving parts.

to make the column electric was only to keep the old feel, i wouldnt like it either, yeah but i have never had my truck leave me stuck out of gear because of a bad connection or broken wire, ya know, just takes one wrong wiggle and your truck is done with all the new crap, i just dont see the point in over complicating things...

and yes i had ONE camaro on 28" tires, and 8 other ones that were normal lol

Rockycmt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hdmi 5.7
Here is my list:
-no USB in back seat. Need adapter.
-nav. I just use my phone. One day these car companies will just agree the smart phones are smarter.
-No auto lock doors when the fob moves away. I need to remember to lock.
-uconnect is expensive after the first free year. All i want to do is Remote start and unlock. OnStar this is free
-no room for lightbar in bumper. Older models had an opening between the front hooks that worked great.
-Was in snow. while in 4wheel lock and trac off some wheels were slipping.
-Silly antenna. I added after market stub
-clad rims on a 45K laramie

WillDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After a couple weeks adjustment, no issue with the dial. Now my problem is when I drive my wife's Honda, I crank up the ac instead of shifting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So what I get from this:

Rednecks and old people? This coming from a little girly man doesn't hold much weight. I'm sure your blowup girlfriend doesn't mind what kind of shifter you have.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually you're right, she only cares about the 115v plug to help keep her inflated.

Your wife must of left you for a guy with the knob. Seriously though who gets so offended by the internet? Maybe you just have testosterone coming out of your pores. I can only strive to be as manly as you one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what I get from this:

Whats wrong with being a redneck?! lol

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing at all... ya'll have the best inventions lol

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
got my 17' at the end of february. first thing i noticed was a rattle in the drivers side window switch when music was playing. it drove me absolutely nuts. took it to the dealer and they a added foam tape but it still bugged me for this to happen on a new truck.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red

that thing is no different than the electronic switch in the stick shift

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
So what I get from this:

I'm old and I like it:roflsquared:

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The 4wd dial is the worst thing ever created. I specifically looked for one without it...drove 3hrs to get it.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Actually you're right, she only cares about the 115v plug to help keep her inflated.

Your wife must of left you for a guy with the knob. Seriously though who gets so offended by the internet? Maybe you just have testosterone coming out of your pores. I can only strive to be as manly as you one day.

I wasn't offended- just giving you back the same stuff you were giving us.:favorites13: