Help out the NooB!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased my first RAM last week and love it. I never thought I would say that about a dodge! I got a 2012 Sport. When I purchased the truck I thought I was just going to level it, but after looking around online at other trucks I decided I want to put a 2/4 drop on it. I'm looking at getting the McG kit but I'm confused between the economy and the deluxe. Why would I want to spend another $160 on the deluxe? I'll be doing the drop myself and it would seem to me that the economy would be easier, and I've noticed that a lot of people on here have used the economy. Also, I love how well the truck rides compared to the 2011 GMC I just got rid of (the 10" of lift didn't help), will this drop drastically effect the ride quality?

Any input will help out!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Only difference between the 2 is that the deluxe kit comes with spindles vs the economy kit which comes with front springs. The spindles will be easier to align and keep the front geomety closer to stock, but they will pull your front wheels out about 1/2". The springs are cheaper, but at only 2" they will still align without trouble. The ride will be slightly stiffer with the springs, but not enough to make you regret going with springs.

In the end, the biggest benefit to going with the spindles is that it leaves room to go lower down the road. I would not recommend cutting the drop coils for more than a 2" drop, but with spindles, you can cut your factory coils a bit to give you a 3/5 drop.

OP
OP
S

Silver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the largest wheel size people have been able to get with this drop?

FLRamSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've got the deluxe and a buddy has the eco and the ride is completely different. Go deluxe.