Alignment after coil spacers, how soon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

satxwy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Obviously the answer to this is "right away" or "asap", but I have a dilemma.

I want to add some 1.5" coil spacers to my 2015 2wd. I have them, and I think I'm finally ready to install them. Only issue is the nearest alignment shop is 45 miles away. Would installing them then driving that distance on the highway cause any issues? Would my tires be toast by then? Would it be better to pay someone in town to install them to avoid having to make that long drive before an alignment?

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will be fine driving it until you get a wheel alignment.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It should be fine but don't wait too long to check it.

I had mine installed at a shop that has an alignment bay so they checked it the same day the kit was installed.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine had about twice as much toe as it should be to give you an idea as to where you stand . Your camber is the opposite of what it should be . I just backed off the toe 1/8" inch and drove for a couple days. I also had new springs and wanted to run them a bit before alignment was done. In your case I don't foresee spacers needing to settle and springs are untouched.

Smxtmpr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
yeh my toe was severely outa wack. I would set it up as soon as possible but the only bad thing is much faster tire ware

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You actually want to drive a bit to let the coil settle. It wont hurt anything being out of spec for a week or so. I always suggest 100 miles or so depending on what type of driving you do.