beating a dead horse, level vs. bilstein

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiMyBeer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Laramie CCSB
Engine
6.7L CTD
I am new to the forum and new to the Ram world also so please bear with me. I am trying to understand the level vs. bilstein argument. I want to level my "11 CCSB and having a hard time trying to decide the best way to go. The main question I have, and please forgive me for sounding ignorant, but will bilstein's lift the truck without the leveling kit? also, what advantages go with each one besides i know the bilstein's are adjustable and the leveling kit is a static lift? i plan on having the truck for a long time so i want to do it right the first time around

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
- yes, bilsteins will lift the truck without a level. you can have the height set at 2.1 or 2.8

- levelling blocks bolt up on top the struts and give that extra height

ride on bilsteins vs stock shocks is very different. if you are happy with how your oem shocks ride, go with a level..but if you're going to replace them soon due to mileage or leaks etc, go with bilsteins.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My honest suggestion is to do a search on the forum. I received tons of search results when I searched the term "lifted".

Besides, didn't you have another thread about replacing your shocks with bilsteins?

"Worrying about MPG on a truck is like worrying about the tow rating on a prius"

Setup
*Bilstein shocks in front set to max 2.8"
*Bilstein shocks in the rear and 1" spacer
*Aftermarket pioneer head unit (AVH - P3400BH)
*4 - kicker 6-1/2 component speakers (4 doors)
*2 - Kicker 3.5" speakers (dash)
*1 foxbox vented sub box for 2-12 inch speakers
*2 - 12" alpine Type R SWR 1243 speakers
*1- Alpine MRP -M500 amp

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the spacer level, blew my struts. Go withnthe bilstein or pro comps

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bilsteins aren't changing the geometry of your front suspension as the blocks are. On my 07 1500 I had a BDS level kit and had all sorts of front end problems.

Just ordered a set of Bilsteins for my 13.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a 2.5" HBS level on my truck 6 days after it left the lot, 18 months later everything is still good. Just wanted more lift and went to a RCX 6". For $100ish you cannot go wrong with a level IMO.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
My honest suggestion is to do a search on the forum. I received tons of search results when I searched the term "lifted".

Besides, didn't you have another thread about replacing your shocks with bilsteins?

I dont think he did