Bilstein vs Rancho vs ProComp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
im looking to pull the trigger on leveling kit. not sure which way to go. bilstein seems like its a forum favorite (and its also the cheapest). being height adjustable doesnt do much for me, im looking for 2.25"-2.5" level in the front, so anything in that range is perfect. i was leaning toward the Rancho's, but the feedback on them is a little slim. I like the adjustability of the dampening (cool feature to set it the way you like, but its also not something that would be used often, more of a set it and not touch it again). i like the super easy install being that the front come loaded with a new spring. doing some searching it seems that a few guys have said rancho shocks dont hold up very well. granted none of these were on ram forums, they were for other vehicles, but its still something to consider. the pro-comps are fairly new, so there isnt much feedback out there. in the past, ive heard procomps but decent cheap shocks, not sure how that statement compares to the new procomps as the are a different design from my understanding. im also a little concerned about the fact that it is a 2.75" front level. ive read that the max you can/should go is 2.5" before you run into issues with the cv angles and 4x4 shudder/vibrations. i also feel that with 2.75" up front, the truck would look a little nose up, almost defeating the purpose of a leveling kit, unless you were to run a rear coil spacer to even it out.

ive done a ton of searching on these shocks, basically what im looking for is reasons why some of you that were in the same position as me made the decision you did, or any feedback you have regarding these set ups. if anyone has had first hand experience riding in 2 or all of these set ups can can say which one they liked better that would be great and appreciated. im mostly torn between the rancho's and bilsteins (but im considering the procomps). the fact that the rancho's come loaded is nice, but its not a deal breaker. i will be installing them myself. im more then comfortable with compressing and removing springs, done it many times. im concerned with overall quality, not ease of install.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious to read the responses to this, I'm in the same boat as you are, but unfortunately I cant help much with feed back.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You could look into the ZONE leveling kit. It is a spacer lift, but is has the beefy UCA's that help the front suspension better handle the lift. I think with the 2012's it has some kind of adjustment for the cv's also to reduce the 4x4 shutter.

You can also just go with the UCA's plus the. Bil's, Rancho, or Procomps

OP
OP
D

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You could look into the ZONE leveling kit. It is a spacer lift, but is has the beefy UCA's that help the front suspension better handle the lift. I think with the 2012's it has some kind of adjustment for the cv's also to reduce the 4x4 shutter.

You can also just go with the UCA's plus the. Bil's, Rancho, or Procomps

i have brand new HBS 2.5" spacer level kit in my garage. that was my original plan, but ive changed my mind and want to go with a replacement shock to level the truck out instead. as far as the zone UCA's go, i dont see my self needing them. the 2012's dont have the issues the 2013's + do with leveling kits.

archerymaniac72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the rancho's on my truck. They ride great and very easy to install. It only took me an hr and 15 start to finish. I have only had them on for a couple weeks so can't tell you about longevity. Right now rancho is also running a rebate if you get the front struts and rear shocks. I got mine from amazon they had the cheapest price

OP
OP
D

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yea, the rancho rebate is the reason that i am considering them. if it wasnt for that i would be buying the bilsteins for sure.

Barracuda556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the rancho quick lifts on my ram and it leveled it out good. Probably been running them for two years or something.

They hold up well and I have no issues with them.

I liked the already loaded with spring option and the adjusting feature. And I got the matching rear shocks.

OP
OP
D

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the rancho's on my truck. They ride great and very easy to install. It only took me an hr and 15 start to finish. I have only had them on for a couple weeks so can't tell you about longevity. Right now rancho is also running a rebate if you get the front struts and rear shocks. I got mine from amazon they had the cheapest price

have you received your rebate back yet? im curious to see how long it takes them to process.

archerymaniac72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
have you received your rebate back yet? im curious to see how long it takes them to process.

Haven't received it yet, but did get a confirmation email yesterday. It said that the rebate was approved and should be mailed in 2-3 weeks

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was in the same boat last month. The reason I went with rancho was because I want to change the coils. I liked that it was preload. It's the quicklift 1.75. I also went with the rs9000xl shocks for the rear. Oem springs. Rides a lot better now but it's only been a couple of weeks. The rebate was also a plus.

mel5151

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my rebate in last week! Ranchos worked well for me. I didnt plan on changing ride height until I am ready to do a real lift anyway, so having preloaded springs and adjustable dampening is more of a plus for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD