Do I need to change rear shocks for 1.5" spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys... I'm new to the forum.... Just picked up a leftover 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 Crew Cab Short Bed... Just ordered bilstein 5100's for the front... I think I'm gonna gamble and set them at 2.8.... I am also looking to do coil spring spacers in the rear.... It seems like most guys go with the 3/4" or 1" spacers for a level look... I will occasionally be towing and carrying some light weight in the bed and don't want to be nose high (I actually don't mind the look of a slight rake either).... So my question is .... If I go with 1.5" spacers in the rear will I need to change the rear shocks as well? If so I think I would just do the 1" spacers... Any input is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No. I had 2" spacers in the rear when I leveled and I was still running the stocks. But something may have changed since then but I think you'd be okay

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yes you definitely want to change the shocks for any additional height above 3/4", in my opinion. You'll over extended the shock and you'll have a pretty sloppy handling truck. I had a 1.5" rear spacer on my old 1500 and it was less than ideal.