Lifting a 2012 sport 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gru

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey all Im new here and could use some help for my dads ram. Like the title says he has a brand new 5.7 hemi sport 4wd. Now from reading other places it looks like the rear of the truck is just a normal 4 control arm, track bar and coil suspension. But the front is really confusing me. I have never worked with an independent suspension as I have solid axles front and rear on my wrangler. Also he only wants to lift in 2-2.5 inches and put on 35s. Would he be able to just put wheel spacers on his stock rims, say spidertrax 1.25, and run 35s or would he need a wheel with more backspacing? Also what would be the best lift to run for that height? I know blistein, fox racing and OME make the best shocks but what else is needed to make the truck run basically stock? Otherwise he doesn't care about the gearing to much, he says he isn't gonna go anywhere fast. Thank you for all of your help!

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Should have some of the lifted guys chime in pretty soon, but that's a little too high for lift shocks. You could try a body lift, but I don't really know about that. I'm sure someone will make a lift recommendation soon.

OP
OP
G

Gru

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What are lift shocks? Do those actually lift the truck or are they just longer shocks? I was thinking we could use 2.5 bigger springs in back and maybe spacers up front of something like that.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You can run 35's on a level kit. Check out the kits from Hell Bent Steel they are one of our vendors. I would go bilstein adjustable 5100's and level it that route and Duane from 3rd strike performance can help you with that. If you want to run 35X12.5R20's on the stock wheels you will need to run 1/4" wheel spacers to get them to fit. Good luck with the build.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have LT285/65R20 and they fit without having to do level if you want to go that route. They are 34.7 but I think they look great. I like leveled trucks but not when towing so that is why I went this route myself.

$miley

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out the tire size thread. In there omaha and the OP did a 2.5" level and you can fit 35s with that plus get the size lift you want

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
looks like MadCow covered it for ya

OP
OP
G

Gru

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks guys for all of the help. I will take this too him and see what he says. Also if he does a leveling kit now will it look ok with the stock sport rims?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Absolutely it wil look ok. That's all I will have if I ever get mine installed