Need a 1" rear coil spacer, which manufacturer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After the Bilstein 5100 set at 2.8 I'm nose high and need an extra inch (don't we all ). I've seen numerous vendors with numerous offerings, any suggestions?

Also, steel vs aluminum vs poly?

And, top or bottom mount?

jljbtm

Reaction score
I thought 2.8"was a good setting? I just received mine today and was going to set them at 2.8 to level it out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 1" TopGunz Customs steel spacer, I like them, I think it was $75. Also used them to level my old 99 2500 Cummins and had no issues with it (that was a front spacer).

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 1" Top Gun Customz steel spacer, I like them, I think it was $75.

How much rear lift did you gain when you added the rear coil spacer? I bought there 3/4" rear coil spacer and the spacer itself only measured out at a 1/4". My 2.5" Rough Country spacer measured in at 2.5" and same goes for my BDS 2" rear coil spacer.

To the OP,

The Top Gun Customz steel spacer looks to be good quality and had a nice powder coat. I'm just not sure how a spacer that measures a 1/4" will raise my truck the advertised 3/4" that I had bought.

The RCX 2.5" rear space was steel as well but the finish wasn't the best. The rear spacer is held in by a grade 5 bolt that goes up from the bottom and bolts to a washer on top of the rear coil mount.

The 2" BDS rear spacer looks to be polyurethane and is held in by friction fit on the upper rear coil seat.

Me personally, I wouldn't use an aluminum spacer against steel because you'll get oxidation from two dissimilar metals touching each other. Even more so if you live in the salt belt.

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the 1" spacer from TGC, never had any issues or noises. I ran them for about 15k miles, actually have a spare set setting in my garage..........

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How much rear lift did you gain when you added the rear coil spacer? I bought there 3/4" rear coil spacer and the spacer itself only measured out at a 1/4". My 2.5" Rough Country spacer measured in at 2.5" and same goes for my BDS 2" rear coil spacer.

To the OP,

The Top Gun Customz steel spacer looks to be good quality and had a nice powder coat. I'm just not sure how a spacer that measures a 1/4" will raise my truck the advertised 3/4" that I had bought.

The RCX 2.5" rear space was steel as well but the finish wasn't the best. The rear spacer is held in by a grade 5 bolt that goes up from the bottom and bolts to a washer on top of the rear coil mount.

The 2" BDS rear spacer looks to be polyurethane and is held in by friction fit on the upper rear coil seat.

Me personally, I wouldn't use an aluminum spacer against steel because you'll get oxidation from two dissimilar metals touching each other. Even more so if you live in the salt belt.

I'm not sure how much it lifted it because I didn't measure before hand, but the rear sits about 2 inches higher than the front.