Popping after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackram28376

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys..

Last week I installed Bilstien 5100s set at 2.1 up front along with mevotech UCAs. I installed them myself at a DIY shop, with staff doing the struts, and the washer going on the bottom of the shaft as it should. Alignment was done as well..I installed some used 275/65/20 MT Grapplers as well.

Intermittently...not 100% of the time, probably 50%, I hear a LOUD pop at full lock at slow speeds. If it does it while turning right, i can hear it on that side, and then full lock to the left and hear it on that side as well. I was able to recreate it about 5 turns in a row tonight...but then was unable to when I put a camera underneath it.

It did this before and after the new/used tires as well.

Any ideas? Could the UCA change or Bilstiens unmasked a pre-exsisting problem? I can't see any apparent issues from looking at the suspension.

I've thought of taking it to the dealership as I am as 35500k miles and requesting they make sure everything is tight and good up front.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look at the spindle 9think that what it's called) there is a notch on it the is like a steering stop when you turn full lock. After I did my Bilsteins, I've noticed every once in a while at full lock that little nub will contact the the A arm section and make a noise. There's a thread on here about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

OP
OP
B

Blackram28376

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got done at dealer...lower control arm was loose..

I shouldn't have even unbolted that i don't think..

would the alignment guy have touched those?

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the lower arms should have cam bolts in them which would be turned for the alignment.