quote for a level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
hey all,

quick question..

i went to a place today to get a quote.. quote was 3500.00

here is what they were gunna do..

parts are from ICON.

front springs and shocks
rear shocks
35 inch tires
alignment
labor

now i have looked up the kit online, its a grand for the kit. (link attached) tires i did not look up but i am sure they are somewhere around 1200 bucks..

2014-UP RAM 2500 4WD 2.5" Suspension System - Stage 1 | K212511

is this a good price on something that is just going to level the truck?

also while i am at it, will this system make my 2500 6.4 ride any better at all? (check the credibility of the shop with this question)

i can do the install myself however i am old, fat and lazy.. but i can do it.. have the tires mounted and balanced then to the alignment shop.. figure i would save a little money doing it myself, if i went with the same parts.. of course knowing me i would buy better tires..

thanks for any insight into this. thanks in advance for the help..

Mike

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why not pay a tenth of that amount and just level the truck?

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
all that money and no track bar. id get a different kit personally. the tires could also be more expensive, depending on brand/size. either way, i think they are charging a bit much for labor.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Without a adjustable track bar your front end wont be centered under the truck.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out thuren fabrication also. Nothing against Icon at all. That's a good kit but there are other options. They have great products for Ram. If you need any help shoot me a PM. We work closely with Don Thuren and we can help get you a setup that would suit your needs. If your set on Icon we can help you there as well.

I know the Thuren level kit uses a slightly softer rate spring that will smooth out your ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
if i buy a kit threw Thuren what could one expect for a shop to charge if i was to take it somewhere?

also i have access to a lift. i could install this myself, what would the time frame be for 2 people to complete?

then the last question, and more of a insanity check then anything, but if i was to install this say on a friday, would i be safe to put the factory tires back on and drive it to the tire/alignment shop on the next saturday?

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
4 hours should be more then enough for somebody to do all 4 shocks, front springs and a track bar. a skilled person thats done it before should be able to do it in less time. theres no issue with driving without an alignment. your axle will be off center as well as your steering wheel but should otherwise drive fine. you could also take a few measurements before you start and do your own alignment. you should be able to get it pretty close.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes- you will be so happy with the kit and the ride. also they can send you the track bar all ready set up so all you got to Sonia bolt it up, they will also send you alignment specs to give to the alignment shop. 3k for a icon kit is steep, you could even go for the thuren 3" kit if you wanted, there is a member on here with the thuren lvl. kit and his factory 20"s with 37"s - But he had to run 1.5" spacers. His truck looks good

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine