Which shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 09 Ram 1500 with a RC 6" lift and running 35s. My front shocks (original) are leaking. Looking for advice on what shocks to replace them with. I don't need any lift, just a good shock. I looked at the Fox Coil Overs, but they are a bit expensive. I hear a lot about the Bilstein 5100s, but don't need the adjustment.

I posted about this once, but can't find it and there were few replies. Figured I would put it out there again.

Does Fox make a shock that I can have installed without replacing the whole coilover?

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! That is a good deal. The OEM shocks are not bad, but if I can find something better I may be willing to pay the extra.

I wonder why he removed them so early? New lift?

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Doesn't Bilstein make non-adjustable models as well?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if fox is too much then i would look into bilstien.

oldstyle17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I personally ended up getting rid of my bilsteins after a c clip let go and lost my front driver side suspension while driving and ended up getting the fox coil overs and love them, plus you get rid of the spacer which I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk