Super lift vs zone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Getting a new truck soon and staying as far away from Rcx as I can so are they about the same quality and is the super lift a 5 inch rear? One any better then the other or both about the same quality?

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting a new truck soon and staying as far away from Rcx as I can so are they about the same quality and is the super lift a 5 inch rear? One any better then the other or both about the same quality?

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. The RCX is very similar to the superlift and zone 4" lift kit. I had quite the discussion about this very topic with my local installer that has done hundreds, if not thousands of these kits and you be surprised (or not) that most of their components are source from the same manufacture then re-branded.

I was dead set on getting the zone lift and he was more than willing to take my money for it but after the discussion I saved a couple hundred bucks and got the RCX.

Q0DKOnb.jpg

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the Rcx now and after dealing with them for over a year to get the right part to fix my problem and having to contact the BBB and arguing with them about a very apparnt problem and not the metion I think they have high school students doing there gemeotry because it was so far off I will never buy another lift or anything from them

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
RCX newer style kits are definitely not comparable to Zone or Superlift. They ship components (steering knuckles specifically) without any finish on them and the fact that they only offer coil spacers for the rear lift now leaves no reason to buy their kits IMO. Yes you will save a bit of money, but you're also getting less of a product. The saying "you get what you pay for" is 100% applicable in this case.

Regarding Zone VS Superlift, they're very comparable component wise. Almost identical in fact. I personally am a proponent of Zone because of the company their backed by. Their owned by the same company that owns BDS and Fox Shocks so they've very reputable and likely won't be going under at any point in our lifetime.

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Only reason I was looking at superlify is cause it comes with bills at all four corners and I've heard from a few the zone shocks are junk? Is there any truth to that?

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BDS, Superlift, or Zone.............splitting hairs really as they are pretty much the same. You can reference weld quality, or whatever but for what these kits are made for, either will do. They all come with knuckles, drop brackets, components to correctly address the rear suspension and all can be had with rear coils instead of spacers. Shocks and/or coil overs will be the biggest difference maker and what will really run up the cost of your lift. Be honest about what you want to do and what you expect and purchase what fits your needs. In regard to RCX, my gripe is how the rear is cared for...........just my $0.02.

Research for yourself and really look at the components............then look at the prices.

Last edited:

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Only reason I was looking at superlify is cause it comes with bills at all four corners and I've heard from a few the zone shocks are junk? Is there any truth to that?

The base shocks that come with any brand kit are generic white body shocks with the lift companies sticker put on them. So yes in a sense the base shocks that come with the Zone kit are junk. You'd be far better off with Bilsteins or Fox.

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Where can a guy find a set of fox shocks that are the right legth?

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Superlift is saying there lift won't work on a regular cab because of a rear drive line vibration? Is that actually a problem or just a chance?

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Superlift is saying there lift won't work on a regular cab because of a rear drive line vibration? Is that actually a problem or just a chance?

I think they say stuff to cover their ass. They also told me I couldn't run their strut spacers to replace my RC's.

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are there bills up front adjustabul cause they don't look it in the picture

Nick1500Josh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too had this dilema not to long ago. I ended up going with the Zone 6" lift with 5 inch springs in the rear as well as upgraded to bills in the front. I can't really knock any other company as I haven't had any other lifts. What I can say is that the kt went on nice and easy, no problems, directions were well written (if your not a complete idiot). It's my daily and I wanted something that was backed due to it being on a truck that was still well under warranty. Zone offers the 5/60 plus warranty that covers anything power-train that the dealer won't or tries to say isn't covered due to the lift.

Not only is it a daily but i also do a bit of offroading and mudding and all my friends want to ride with me because they say its luxury mudding lol.