2017 Ram 1500 Sport w/ Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mayh3m

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,

Please give me some guidance with switching out to LED head lamps. I've been searching around and to be honest. I'm left scratching my head. Some sites list entire HL enclosures, some offer an all-in-one conversion bulbs, and others offer kits and bulbs.

I'm a million miles away from my truck and plan to wait to purchase, but I go on vacation in a week and trying to do the research now (while I'm getting paid for it) so I can make up my mind sooner than later while at home.

I've found plenty of sites for the LED stuff. Just unsure of what all I am looking at tbh. Not having my truck nearby to double check information listed makes it a bit challenging to decide what I need when they start talking about making sure I have room.

TIA

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hid in projectors.. led scatters the light.. led in fogs is ok

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
JJ at retroshop can get you everything you need plus has stellar customer care.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Hid's will perform much better in the stock projectors

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
If you get 35w ballasts you can use canbus adapter/antiflicker modules and then there is no need for a special harness. Makes for an easy install

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We highly recommend HID's in projectors. Especially the kits we offer from the Retrofit source. They have a Moper specific kit, so it will work with the RAM CANBUS. TRS products are top notch and really are the industry leader.

Let us know if you need any help and remember we offer discounted prices thru PM on all products including The Retrofit Source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drop in HID kit from Jeremy at retro shop! Don't want to do LEDs in those housings.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
We highly recommend HID's in projectors. Especially the kits we offer from the Retrofit source. They have a Moper specific kit, so it will work with the RAM CANBUS. TRS products are top notch and really are the industry leader.

Let us know if you need any help and remember we offer discounted prices thru PM on all products including The Retrofit Source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you explain discounted prices thru PM please.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you explain discounted prices thru PM please.
Due to MAP we can not advertise sale prices lower than what the manufacturer says to. Also we can not just offer a flat percentage rate off either because the different mark up all items have. So on a case by case basis we can offer more competitive prices and still follow MAP rules.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk