Bedrug vs Line X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray2712

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar V6
I have been thinking about pulling the plastic bed liner that came in my Ram when I bought it. I had thought about doing Line X, but started looking at Bedrug. The reviews seem to be really positive, but I thought I would see if anyone here had any experience with either, and what you would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timjthomas23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been thinking about pulling the plastic bed liner that came in my Ram when I bought it. I had thought about doing Line X, but started looking at Bedrug. The reviews seem to be really positive, but I thought I would see if anyone here had any experience with either, and what you would recommend.

Bedrug all the way. The linex is better than what you have. Your knees an rest of your body like the bedrug better when climb back there

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dgray2712

dgray2712

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar V6
Bedrug all the way. The linex is better than what you have. Your knees an rest of your body like the bedrug better when climb back there

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

That's kind of what I was thinking. And I am sure my wallet will also appreciate the $100 or so difference.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
it really depends on what you use your truck for, my truck i constantly haul a bunch of dirty crap in i wouldnt get a bed rug, my show truck has one and i love it, but my trucks that do work both have spray in bed liners

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have had a bed rug in my past two trucks. I have hauled mulch, stones, furniture, trash, etc. it cleans up easily with a pressure washer.

Like said above it's so nice on the knees crawling around in the back and because it's like a padded carpet you can haul nice furniture and not worry about it getting scratched or damaged

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I have had a bed rug in my past two trucks. I have hauled mulch, stones, furniture, trash, etc. it cleans up easily with a pressure washer.

Like said above it's so nice on the knees crawling around in the back and because it's like a padded carpet you can haul nice furniture and not worry about it getting scratched or damaged

i haul alot of oil soaked car parts, and ive tried getting that out of my other bed rugs in the past lol

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Same with me, had one in last truck and first thing a bought for current truck.

I can also verify I've carried mulch and all kinds of dirty crap and when dirty pull into self serve car wash and cleans easy with high pressure wand.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Cheap but not as effective would be a chunk of berber carpet from your local home Depot. Easy to slide it out along with the contents that slide to the cab.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Gotta go with BedRug--easy install/strong/sturdy and much softer than that bed liner

IMG_3482_zpsnscxl75l.jpg

IMG_3483_zpsvm9dplzs.jpg

Whatever

:crazy: JIMBO

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cheap but not as effective would be a chunk of berber carpet from your local home Depot. Easy to slide it out along with the contents that slide to the cab.

Problem with that is berber carpet is fabric and is easily stained and not moisture resistant. BedRug is spun plastic on a closed cell foam backing. They are 100% opposite and not comparable.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Just putting a cheaply replaceable option out there. $400 seems a bit much imo.

badtothebone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Gotta go with BedRug--easy install/strong/sturdy and much softer than that bed liner

IMG_3482_zpsnscxl75l.jpg

IMG_3483_zpsvm9dplzs.jpg

Whatever

Where did u get that "ladder?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Linex, will protect the bedffrom rust, You can always get the bed rug option that just covers the bottom for cheap, and you also can get a stall mat for 36 bucks and is an unbelievable deal.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did LineX right when I got my 2012, then got a Bedrug mat. It looks great, easy on the knees, and cleans up nicely. I do take it out when I'm hauling a bunch of of dirty cargo though. Gives me plenty of options, depending on the type of cargo I'm hauling.

I'm a fan of having both LineX and Bedrug....you can't go wrong with either.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did LineX right when I got my 2012, then got a Bedrug mat. It looks great, easy on the knees, and cleans up nicely. I do take it out when I'm hauling a bunch of of dirty cargo though. Gives me plenty of options, depending on the type of cargo I'm hauling.

I'm a fan of having both LineX and Bedrug....you can't go wrong with either.

This, makes the bed people friendly after the linex

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) That ladder is "TRAZION"-

Where did u get that "ladder?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I gotit from AMAZON=
IMG_3484_zpskqpss6kb.jpg

You can strapit down on the TG, so it stays pretty secured-

Good luck

Last edited:

Mud80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've had line-x in my last three trucks and really liked it. Bought my ram used, already had a bedrug and now I've bought a camper shell. I love the padding. I can't attest to hauling dirty/trashy stuff on the rug yet, just figured I'd pull it out for that.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Going to really depend on what the bed looks like when you pull the plastic liner. It will probably be scratched all to hell. Linex, then the bedrug mat. I did that in a previous truck and just pulled it out when loading really dirty stuff. Goes on with heavy duty velcro, when purchasing, there is an option for trucks with linex... Currently I have linex with rubber mat...

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
LineX and stall mat work for me. Will Outlast the bed rug, softer on the knees, haul sand, beauty bark, dirt, gravel, oily parts, etc.. see which cleans out easier and more completely. Drop a 100 lb rock on your bedrug from 1 foot, 2 feet, more? Would your bed get dented? Sand trapped between your bedrug and paint? Let's see how that works out after time...

Now, do you only use your truck to lay in the back and gaze at the stars with your significant other?.. then a bedrug will probably be fine .. lol
9e5fa2533256a91a15a2614044674ed7.jpg30407170b9aeab20e67a9b8cb3f241b3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk