Bigger tires on stock rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomsowt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found the tires I want (37" Nitto trail grapplers) but having a tough time picking a rim. Winter is around the corner and want these tires and I'm thinking of just putting them on the stock rims (20") for now.

I'm looking for some success stories, or horror stories and some pictures

Thanks!

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum. I think the look would be fine, but you'll more than likely have some clearance issues because of the offset. I'm not sure how the 4th gens are set up, but the '06-'08 3rd gen has very limited clearance due to the control arms. Run your hand across the back side of your front tire and see how much room you have. My tires aren't any wider than the factory size and I can't fit my finger between there. Some people use wheel spacers on 35's, but a 37" tire may be too wide for that. I'm sure someone with a 4th gen will chime in. Good luck!

OP
OP
Thomsowt

Thomsowt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will clarify that I am going to be putting a 2.5" suspension and a 1.25" body lift on before the tires

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been thinking about upgrading my tires but keeping my stockers for now also...not sure I want 37's though...

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
there is a guy on another dodge forum, mmmrice or something like that is his user name. leveling kit, 1" spacers, 37's. it's a gray regular cab.