Bighorn chrome to color match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goat28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there are a lot of different threads on this topic but wanted to start my own since I believe the color of my truck adds a wrinkle. I would like to color match the grille and both bumpers. I have the black forest green that I love but not sure how it would look. I was open to the best option. Not looking to spend a ton but can drop some money into it. That being said....Can the chrome bumpers be painted? Would color matched line-x look decent? Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yes, I know Line-x can for sure. They do chrome all the time. AS for cost it all depends on material and color. If Black then cheap because that is the line-x default color if color match like you say a bit more. A grill would cost 200-300 and same for bumper. They would sand it down and line-x it. They can color match your exact color to the code for they use the exact color your manufacture would use, its premium stuff and not home-depot. Keep in mind, there will be a difference in appearance as your paint would be newer then what is on your truck so less faded. If you dont like the textured look of LIne-X then go with Line-X Ultra. It cost more but looks like powdered paint.

Line-X Xtra

Color Match
UV Resistant (Has the paint duh)

Line-X Ultra
Same as above
Smoother appearance
Cost more
Thinner spray / less weight not that weight is an issue anyway

Cheapest solution:

Line-X Black Premium
Same benefit as Xtra except its black.

Time:

Per piece a few hours.

3+ pieces they may ask to have the truck for the whole day, remember they take the pieces off the truck and send it to a sanding shop and then do the dirty work of Line-X'ing it.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Also, I am getting my entire truck sprayed on July 17th and will post pics July 20th, I have a thread open right now for people to subscribe.

OP
OP
G

Goat28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the pics. I just had my bed line-x'd so I'll contact them to get a price. Do they linex over the parking sensors?

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the pics. I just had my bed line-x'd so I'll contact them to get a price. Do they linex over the parking sensors?

I don't have any but they can tape off anything you don't want Line-X'd. I have a couple videos on my thread I just added that shows prep work/ fun videos of Line-X. Basically think if you can paint it they can Line-X it. Whatever paint limitations would be in terms of where it can go then for the most part apply it to Line-X. I don't see a problem taping off and spraying around the sensors.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque

I just had my bumpers linex'd recently. I removed the bumpers for them, took off all of the sensors, plastic pieces. Cut the cost way down for labor. They charged me $500 for both bumpers.. Here are some pics...

OP
OP
G

Goat28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bah. Can't see the pics. Hosting error...

I wonder how the black linex would look on the black forest green?

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I have the same color and was looking to do the same. At some point. Lol

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just had my bumpers linex'd recently. I removed the bumpers for them, took off all of the sensors, plastic pieces. Cut the cost way down for labor. They charged me $500 for both bumpers.. Here are some pics...

BOOO PHOTOBUCKET!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Is this the extra or ultra?

Looks smooth.

Xtra, it is textured, but not as much as the bed would be. Not sure if they do anything different to make it smoother. Was not in shop when they did it, was in waiting room...

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I love line x. I want to do my whole truck before it rusts more. Anyone done the whole thing?

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
My 13 outdoorsman got trashed by a delivery truck, so when I had rear passenger side of bed replaced, I had entire truck repainted factory true blue pearl, used to have metallic grey rockers, wheel wells and bumpers. Always disliked two tone paint. Had cap painted to match, truck and cap look brand new. It's now all true blue pearl, left chrome rims, and badges, black mopar step bars, I really like it. Actually painted my system one racks flat black, they look good, i like the little bit of chrome left, nice contrast with dark blue and black on truck.

c30f7050d7f593623adcd4281a9441b4.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
My 13 outdoorsman got trashed by a delivery truck, do when I had rear passenger side of bed replaced, I had entire truck repainted factory true blue pearl, used to have metallic grey rockers, wheel wells and bumpers. Always disliked two tone paint. Had cap painted to match, truck and cap look brand new. It's now all true blue pearl, left chrome rims, and badges, black mopar step bars, I really like it. Actually painted my system one racks flat black, they look really good. Contemplated blacking wheels and badges, but I like the little bit of chrome left, nice contrast with dark blue and black on truck.

874b0f5570917840d5ea8957db264e48.jpg602e24ca4a66a6db673565c0314323be.jpg

wildkarde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Xtra, it is textured, but not as much as the bed would be. Not sure if they do anything different to make it smoother. Was not in shop when they did it, was in waiting room...

Hey, what state are you in? I'm going black on my big horn and I need bumpers done. $500 isn't bad.