Graphics color advice wanted.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck is Deep Water Blue, sort of a dark blue. I am looking into some graphics for it. I don't want a huge piece, I'm looking at a stripe that runs from the rear to about the side mirror, just a bit under the lip of the bed and windows, or I might do the hockey stick on the bed. Also thinking of the hood spears that follow the part of the hemi hood that raises up, not the entire raised part of the hood, (might put a rams head there) but the part around the edge of the raised part, that has the fake vents in it.
Anyway, I'm trying to decide what color would be good. I know lots of people use matte black. I want to be a little different.
I'm not good at color matching. I've considered charcoal, silver, gold, a friend suggested matte blue, and it might look good with metallic blue. What do you think about burgundy or dark red?
Or any other ideas.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Matte grey or flat silver would be a nice color combo. Red or burgundy I think would be too much of a contrast....

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want it to be sort of subtle, so nothing too bold. I'm leaning towards charcoal or dark silver, with maybe a orange, or gold pinstripe.
If I look at the color wheel, and pick the color opposite blue, it's orange, between yellow and red, but I don't want the entire stripe to be that bright, just the pinstripe.
I think I prefer gold or orange, maybe red. It's real hard for me to visualize it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I always liked the white hockey stick stripe Ma Mopar used on the blue Cuda's / Superbees etc. in the muscle car days

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is the hood spear I'm thinking of, but I think I would go with a darker silver, and possibly a pinstripe along the edge.
1707498855608.png

This is the side stripe, same color combo as the hood stripe. I would like the R/T instead of HEMI at the back or a solid stripe with R/T letters below it in the rear.
I think I would put it a little lower on the truck, maybe just above the door handle.
1707499074971.png

And something like this for the hood.
1707500012764.png

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My advice.

A color in any shade and/or finish of gray or silver always looks good against blue.

If I was you I'd go to your local auto paint supplier and get color chips and hold them up against your truck where you intend to place the graphic while out in the sun. Once you've found the color you like then you can try to match it with Orafol, 3M, Avery or whoevers vinyl you're going to run with.

https://metrorestyling.com/ might be able to assist too.

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you, I agree with Gray/Silver for the main color, but I want a 3rd color pinstripe, I'm thinking red, to match the R/T emblem.
I'm trying to get ideas together for a spring install, much too cold to attempt this now.
Thanks for the link.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id find someone who does photoshop and have them put together a quick visual

I think silver/grey with red accents would be shaep

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just have R/T on the grill, (<as seen in avatar) I'm going to add a similar one on the tailgate. The Ram emblem on the tailgate, the HEMI 5.7 liter badge on the fenders, and the RAM 1500 in big chrome on the doors. I'm not embarrassed by any of them.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Then I would leave them on

In fact, if your going to add some decals, check these out

1708178132372.png

There is an outfit on ebay that makes these decals that go over the emblems

I think if your main color will be Grey and you use red ad an accent color, red emblem decals would really pull it all together

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll look into that, thanks.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Silver or chrome (not sure if available in a decal) with red would really pop against the blue.

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My plans are coming together. Thank you diymirage for that link.
I've found some stripes I like, and a couple other ideas that I'm exploring.
We've got at least another month of cold weather. I'll reveal the final product after that.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd say stick with the R/T Theme and do the graphic in a Red outlined in black,
or red outlined in chrome then outlined in black.

Any local graphics shop should be able to do it for you