Do 4th gen Rams need Capacitors/Can-Bus Adapters for LED Fog Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Silly question -

How much harm would it cause if you got the adapaters and used them if it wasn't needed?

Would this be just extra insurance to make sure they won't flicker or would it cause more harm to the electrical system/canbus?
It would do no harm

Terry2014RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 Laramie Limited with HIDs in the low beam and Morimoto XB fog lights. The HIDs do require a CANBUS antiflicker module but I installed the Morimoto fog lights with out the CANBUS antiflicker module and they light up with no error messages on EVIC. So in simple terms on my 2014 the fog lights do not need a CANBUS module.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just added LED fog lights and using AlfaOBD just changed them to "LED Present". So no faults or flickers.

11Ram0utd00rsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i know the low/high beams need can-bus/capacitors and the turn signals and brake/reverse bulbs need resistors etc. But i could have sworn i seen somewhere on here that atleast for the 09-12 Rams that the canbus system does not monitor the fog lights so therefore you dont need any special adapters or capacitors like the headlights.

So basically can i throw in any fan cooled H10/9145 LED bulb into my fog lights without needed any anti-flicker can-bus adapter/capacitors?

Can someone who knows or has installed led bulbs themselves please answer me. I want to order some led bulbs with the cooling fans on them for my fogs but i need to know if i should buy the adapters aswell.

Thanks.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
I have a 2011 ram with led fogs. No canbus adapter required

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2016... needs them or alfa obd love.... ask me how I know. Lol