Final Chrome Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I'm finished with the exterior on all the pretty stuff. Gonna take a break for awhile. But I have plenty in mind.

Attachments

• Final Web.jpg
    Final Web.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 128

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
looks good. i love chrome and stainless stuff.

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice Truck. Really like that grill insert, maybe I'm not done :)

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noticed the pic I posted didn't show the Bull Bar and for me that's what really brings it all together.

Attachments

• Final Web2.jpg
    Final Web2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 82

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice, i like the bull bar? you gonna level the truck or anything?

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
looking good

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice, i like the bull bar? you gonna level the truck or anything?

I've seen alot about leveling, but don't really understand what it gains me. I know there always seem to be posts about problems afterwards, I don't read them entirely because I will readily admit I only understand the exterior looks :birgits_tiredcoffee and pretty clueless on Mechanical/suspension stuff. I would like to move to bigger tires when I replace these POC tires probably next year. Would leveling facilitate that or would a lift also be necessary?

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want one of those too. How hard was the install?

Well....it shouldn't have been hard at all. Just bolt it on to existing holes. I laid on the floor and my 14 year old read instructions and handed me pieces. He did an AWESOME job. However, this is a HUNTER Bull Bar and the instructions and layout of the pieces were almost totally BASS Akwards! That meant had to lay there take it all apart and switch mounting pieces from left to right and re bolt up. (took me a week for my Arthritis and I to recuperate)

One other thing you should know, almost all these require some triming of the plastic shroud below the bumper. I marked with chalk and used a cut off wheel on a drill. Looked awesome first time around, but when everything did not line up and I had to re-engineer it the shroud needed to be recut. Thank goodness know one lays down under my truck to inspect. I bet the dealership will have a good laugh next time I take it in for my free oil change :naughty:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I've seen alot about leveling, but don't really understand what it gains me. I know there always seem to be posts about problems afterwards, I don't read them entirely because I will readily admit I only understand the exterior looks :birgits_tiredcoffee and pretty clueless on Mechanical/suspension stuff. I would like to move to bigger tires when I replace these POC tires probably next year. Would leveling facilitate that or would a lift also be necessary?

the only real possible problem after leveling the front end on our truck that i have seen is a slight vibration or shimmer in the steering wheel when in 4x4 under moderate to hard acceleration between 20 to 40 mph. (so for me i'm not worried because i would be using 4x4 in snow so i shouldn't be accelerating hard up to 40mph...lol

Also there are two basic reasons to level the front end. Looks - to get rid of the huge factory rake. 2. you can run bigger diameter tires. With a level you can fit 35's(the stock tires on the 20" wheels list at 33")

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I installed a smittybuilt bar on my 11 last weekend, the biggest pita is cutting the lower plastic valance. Patience and good measuring makes it do-able, even for me. Sry no pic's YET