FX-R Retrofit Cutoff Too Sharp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russcrypto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm pretty new here. I searched this (and other) forums, but haven't found much on the subject. Yesterday, I received and installed a set of FX-R retrofits. I have the Morimoto 4500k HID system installed with them. I immediately noticed that the cutoff is so sharp that I'm unable to see road signs, until I'm right up on them. The lights are already aimed correctly, so I can't adjust them any higher. I live in a semi-rural area, so there isn't much ambient light to speak of. There's also enough traffic that I can't use my high beams very much, either. Has any one else noticed this problem? Are there any suggestions to improve the ability to see road signs, while not blinding oncoming traffic?

I'm pretty bummed that I spent all this money on headlights that I may not be able to use...

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ill trade trade ya stock projectors, lots of overglare to see signs, but i dont think ive ever heard of this, i put mini d2s' in my wifes suv and love them,