Headlight output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I have a new ram with factory projectors and my passenger side headlight puts out more light then the drivers side. Is this notmal? I re-aimed the lights but that didn't change anything. I can see the difference when I'm driving and it's way more noticible when I point them at the garage door. It's not a huge difference. It I'm super picky and I notice it. Never seen this before with other vehicles I've owned with projectors. Thanks in advance

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No, that don't seem normal. I'd check to see if the bulb is fully seated in the headlight.

Also, inspect the headlight with the lights off to see if there is any material inside the capsule or on the bulb.

Lastly, it may be that you have two different brand bulbs in the truck or one is just sub par in performance.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
my '16 projectors are the same way, even after I installed HID's

OP
OP
Steveo8x8

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Ok thanks guys. Looks like I'll be taking them out in the next couple days then!