Icon rear reservoir shocks and icon coils installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well this project wasnt awesome, but i got er done in about 5 hours, including the time it took to make a run to get some wrenches and other necessary toolsoGEUc.png

so heres what i started with
YZEYi.png
So the hardest part definitely is getting the rear upper shock mount off, i had to cut a 13/16s wrench down to 3.5 inches to fit there, and cranked on it after removing the fender well liner.

torqued em to spec and all that jazz and then threw er all back in, it was pretty simple but just problem solving the upper shock mount took the majority of time haha
stock coils vs icon
mq5ON.png
heres the finished product without the fender wall liner
RfiDu.jpg
and a test
3S2bM.png
bw4eu.jpg
jOH93.png

after a short drive i have to say the rear does feel smoother to drive, the front of my truck is still pretty bumpy, but that will be fixed soon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ahh gotcha, i wouldnt want to install these rear shocks twice lol

12ozd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7 sometimes
About a 2 hour job w/ out the PBR :favorites13:

Not familiar w/ the Icon springs, what's the upgrade?
Looks like a variable rate spring?
Add lift or better weight carrying ,better ride loaded?
Nice lookng shocks too (no boots?)

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
haha i only had one during the operation, so that i would be able to drive and test her out afterwards

the upgrade is towing/weight carrying and adds 1.5 inches of lift to.

the shocks add the majority of the nicer ride im sure, they didnt come with boots but i could put some on if i wanted. its just one bolt to undo it and put a boot on, should i do that? is they a benefit to it?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Very nice. You are going to love the resi shocks. I am running Bilstein resis on all 4 corners and it is a night and day difference in ride quality. Sometimes I feel like they arent all that great until I ride in another ram with stock shocks...then I remember why I paid more than $1000 for shocks...haha.

BTW...I love the action pics. Very Cool!!

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look good on there! The test looked like fun too lol. I think I'm going to go with the stuff from Icon, thanks for suggesting them!

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice. You are going to love the resi shocks. I am running Bilstein resis on all 4 corners and it is a night and day difference in ride quality. Sometimes I feel like they arent all that great until I ride in another ram with stock shocks...then I remember why I paid more than $1000 for shocks...haha.

BTW...I love the action pics. Very Cool!!

thanks man! i figured i would like them, they already do feel alot smoother in the rear, cant wait to get replacement shocks up front because right now their pretty shaky. its definitely worth it!

They look good on there! The test looked like fun too lol. I think I'm going to go with the stuff from Icon, thanks for suggesting them!

awesome man! there probably wont be many albertans running this stuff so were pretty unique haha. itll be a little while on the fronts though but once i get em ill let em know, unless you get em before me

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, man!
Are they (rebound or height) adjustable??
It makes sense that more coils in a given height could eat up bumps more easily, to me.

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks bud

they arent adjustable, you can buy either stock height, or 1.5 inch shocks/coils from icon, but you cant adjust them

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
id say go for the 1.5" lift ones. well that is if you do something to the front of course

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get the full 1.5" of lift?
I recently put some on and only got maybe 0.75" of lift... emailed Icon and they don't seem too concerned.
I did order a 0.75" spacer to get up to the height I need, just another item to waste money on.

Texas_Cornhusker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what you doing for the front? I have the BDS Fox resevoir coilovers. They are awesome, you should look into them.