Iron Cross Stealth Black Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Iron Cross Stealth Black Running Boards Installed and Reviewed!

So I got my Iron Cross Stealth Black running boards from Running Boards Direct (8286-1-1070 Iron Cross Black Stealth Running Boards - 8286-1-1070) for $384. I ended up going with these because I'm not that fond of the round tubular style boards. I was about to drop the hammer on the Mopar boards but they ran the price up over $600 at shopmopar.com. I'm glad it worked out because I absolutely love these, even more once I saw them.

This is my first set of running boards on any truck so I don't have much to compare against. My initial impression is the the quality is pretty good. However, they are made from steel which I'm afraid will rust if there is any issue with the finish anywhere. I would prefer that they were made of aluminum.

They are quite sturdy, although I think the gauge thickness of the steel used could stand to be one size bigger. I'm about 200lbs and when I step up on the middle I can feel some slight flexing but not very much at all. The 3 brackets per side they come with are sturdy as hell, so I think its more the boards that flex, not the brackets. Overall I am happy with how sturdy they are.

Installation isn't bad with these. It took me about 1 hour to do the first one ( don't do that much wrenching so I take my time). The second one only took about 30 mins once I knew the process.

Overall, I would give them an 8/10. I think if they were aluminum and a thicker gauge metal they would be a 10/10 in my book. I would definitely recommend these, and I'm extremely happy I got them.

As always, no review would be complete without pictures! Please excuse my filthy truck with the snowy/wet roads right now.

2015-01-11%2014.05.37.jpg

2015-01-11%2015.30.20.jpg

2015-01-11%2015.30.06.jpg

Last edited:

JohnP266

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NICE! Looks good on your truck.

I ordered the Patriot Boards which are basically the Stealth boards branded with the Folds of Honor Organization logo and stuff. I'm like you and not a fan of the tubular nerf bars.

Your pictures alleviated my concern which was the size of the rear step pads being smaller than the front ones and not lining up well with the rear doors. I have a Crew Cab like you and it looks pretty good on yours. So now I'm worry free. Can't wait to get them installed. They've been enroute and should be here tomorrow. I'm assuming you went with the 86" bars?

FYI. If anyone is interested, I picked them up on RealTruck.com for $385 AND it included the Mounting Brackets. Most places charge an additional $85 + shipping for those.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Very Sharp, thanks for posting. That truck is screaming for a blackout!

OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
NICE! Looks good on your truck.

I ordered the Patriot Boards which are basically the Stealth boards branded with the Folds of Honor Organization logo and stuff. I'm like you and not a fan of the tubular nerf bars.

Your pictures alleviated my concern which was the size of the rear step pads being smaller than the front ones and not lining up well with the rear doors. I have a Crew Cab like you and it looks pretty good on yours. So now I'm worry free. Can't wait to get them installed. They've been enroute and should be here tomorrow. I'm assuming you went with the 86" bars?

FYI. If anyone is interested, I picked them up on RealTruck.com for $385 AND it included the Mounting Brackets. Most places charge an additional $85 + shipping for those.

Not sure on the size, I just got the recommended ones so I'm sure that's right.

Very Sharp, thanks for posting. That truck is screaming for a blackout!

I'm getting closer. I've debadged and dipped my wheels this weekend until I buy black ones. It feels like a differenttruck with that done.

IMG_20150412_161107.jpg