LED canbus license plate lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long story short, I have purchased led bulbs from superbrightled several times. Each time I have the same issue and I'm looking for other options.

I installed canbus 194 led bulbs in my licensee plate lights about 2 months ago. Once again one of the leds on the bulb is flickering like crazy.

So I'm looking for another set of canbus 194 plate lights. I don't want any error codes as these do not produce any errors.

Anyone find a quality set of canbus license plate lights?

Citymoto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 ram and I've learned the hard way with headlights and foglights about flickering and such. However I used these bulbs for my license plate

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/led-bulbs/t10-194-acme-x.html

Almost a month awesome light output no flickering or complaints.

BlackEdition1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Mike.luciano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So with these bulbs no resistor/equilizer is needed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
I've had this style LED in my reverse and cargo lights for over a year, and never an issue. no added resistors, just a simple bulb swap. I prefer the style on the left as they are slightly whiter and I think a touch brighter.

IMAG1425_zps5dkz0py6.jpg

HTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I use JDMAstar bulbs. Work great in license plate but have lots of issues with the exact same bulb in my interior (they sometimes won't turn on).

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just got some Philips 921 bulbs today recommended by another forum member for reverse lights and truck bed lights. They had no problems with them, going to try to get them in tomorrow.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Why would anyone want brighter license plate bulbs ???
but I do like brighter bulbs in other applications
brian j

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would anyone want brighter license plate bulbs ???
but I do like brighter bulbs in other applications
brian j

I like having the whiter light as a poised to the yellowish incandescent look. It's just a cosmetic thing more than a functional thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
I like having the whiter light as a poised to the yellowish incandescent look. It's just a cosmetic thing more than a functional thing

I agree cosmetically BUT if possible and legal I would have no illumination on my plate and yes I do not like the yellowish tinge of incandescent lighting
brianj

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree cosmetically BUT if possible and legal I would have no illumination on my plate and yes I do not like the yellowish tinge of incandescent lighting

brianj

I agree with you BUT it's not legal to not have an illuminated rear plate, which is understandable

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Long story short, I have purchased led bulbs from superbrightled several times. Each time I have the same issue and I'm looking for other options.

I installed canbus 194 led bulbs in my licensee plate lights about 2 months ago. Once again one of the leds on the bulb is flickering like crazy.

So I'm looking for another set of canbus 194 plate lights. I don't want any error codes as these do not produce any errors.

Anyone find a quality set of canbus license plate lights?

I ordered my set from diode dynamics and they are bright as hell!