LED Reverse Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased the following LED Reverse lights for my truck (2014 Ram Laramie).....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPIYDWU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

From my research and reading reviews, it seems like they are suppose to be super bright and work great, with no error codes. A few friends of mine even run these same bulbs in their Ram's and said they had zero issues.

As soon as I installed them I get the backup light out message. When I first installed them though, I had them backwards. I spun them around and they work great.

Even with the bulb out message, the lights work fine. Driving home after work though today I noticed the error was gone and no stored messages. I tried starting it again and it came back.

I also purchased these for my license plate lights and my cargo lights. All lights work great, but got the license plate light out error, nothing about my cargo lights though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DE7UC6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So now I have 2 errors, license plate and backup light out.

Others are having zero issues with these bulbs.

Any ideas? I just want some super bright, white, nice looking LED lights with no issues

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Every truck is different . My buddy has the same truck as ne and I put the same lights in his. He gets errors daily
I get an error every few months

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Both are 15 ram with led tailights

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Muscleram is right. Every truck is different. It's just luck of the draw in many cases. I originally used ijdmtoy for all my bulbs and they flickered and went out. Then I went with precision LED and haven't had a problem. I can only assume error codes are the same way.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also noticed today that my driver side map light is really dim and doesn't get as bright as the passenger side. These are already LED from the factory and it's not a bulb I can pull out.

If I remove the plastic cover and push on the light housing and play around with it, I can get it to operate at full brightness.

I also noticed that it flickers as well, none of my other interior lights do this, just my driver side map light.

Any ideas?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel