minor problem i hope?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so the tinted tails and third arrived while i was at work. thanks jj they came out mint. top notch work. got home in the dark and its cold out but they had to go in tonite!! both tails with my kickass new reverse lights went in no problem. then i go to take out the third. screws come out no problem but the light aint budging at all. i had a leak in the third a while back. the dealer fixed the leak my question is what could they have used to fix the leak? that light aint moving. maybe if i heat it up a bit with a heat gun?? any input here would be appreciated thanks..

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
did they silicone the damn light in?

if so, CAREFULLY use an exacto knife and score that silicone. Should help pop it out.

OP
OP
outlaw52

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thats what im afraid of i dont know what they did? but i know it will have to be done in the daylight...working tommorow so it will have to be sunday morning before the games to inspect it.was hoping someone here works at a dealer to give me a hint of what they may have done.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just pulled my stock CHMSL off last weekend and it was stuck on there good! It came off, finally. I heated it up.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i would think what jj said is the problem. The dealer probably just loaded it up with silicon to seal the leak

OP
OP
outlaw52

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
went out this morning and heated up the the third light around the edges just wouldnt come out. started prying carefully around the housing and cutting the silicone and whatever else these jackasses used to permanently glue the friggin light in. (like i would never have to change a bulb or anything) anyway i finally managed to get the damned thing out with no damage to my truck but i cant say the same for the lens on the light. 2 chips on the top. i am beyond pissed. when i put the new lens in i could see where it would leak so i did what these idiots should have done and made a thicker gasket out of some soft rubber i had in the garage. im not taking my truck back to these butchers for anything unless i absolutely have too for warranty purposes:favorites68:. anyway jjs tinted tails and third are in and look awesome:waytogo: