Mirror swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar savage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi all as this is my first post pls let me know if I'm doing it wright lol
I am looking to swap the factory tow mirrors from my 2014 sport they have the puddle lights and signals but are not power folding
I am looking to trade for a set of factory mirrors from a 2017 sport that are power folding as far as I know I will also need to get the window/mirror controls from the 17 and the module from the doors to control them I am just wondering what else I may need to do or consider before swapping

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 67

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
Hi all as this is my first post pls let me know if I'm doing it wright lol
I am looking to swap the factory tow mirrors from my 2014 sport they have the puddle lights and signals but are not power folding
I am looking to trade for a set of factory mirrors from a 2017 sport that are power fold

Do a search under 4th gen exterior for power fold, there are a ton of us that want this mod, but I have only heard of a couple success stories. You also need to have LER code available to activate on your bcm, and a dealer willing to.
Some have made non Oem work. Good luck and welcome
Check out 4th gen diy/index

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mopar savage

Mopar savage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Okay I'll check into the code
If I were to go with non power folding would It throw any codes and would I still need to get the moduals from the doner truck

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will need both door modules and the window switch with the power fold button off of the donor truck. As stated you will need to have the LER power fold code enabled in your BCM. In some cases the dealer can do it if it's in your available options list. The only way you can tell is to take it to the dealer and have them plug it in and see if it shows up. If it is not on your available options list it is a major pain to try to get the dealer to have it added by Chrysler and usually not worth the effort because it will never happen. If I'm not mistaken OBD Genie makes a genie tool to plug into your truck and add the code so the power fold mirrors will work you might want to check their website and see if they still offer it if the code is not available when you take it to the dealer

Ray-vw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Add to my big horn switch mirrors modules in doors and obd genie for programming very easy to do and programmer simple and work great

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Do you have a link for the OBD Genie that you used ?

F.O.F

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
Ricks ram knows a WHOLE lot more than me about this mod. But to answer your second question if you didn't want the power fold option, the sport mirrors should be plug and play, for your blinkers and puddles

OP
OP
Mopar savage

Mopar savage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Okay thanks guys I'll go into the dealer on monday and see what they say