New Headlights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dippinchick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I had a late night shopping spree that I barely remember, bought headlights apparently. Just put them in and it was super easy! Not plug and play, had to sauder on extension wires and make some connectors but they turned out awesome. I love them!!
65f1da7fdbfdb3387918672d11ec2241.png
789086c025ff8aca0c8a02007fdb6af8.jpg
b961db425b96662c3a537655cfc609fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you borrow my wire strippers without asking? Looks good!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looks good. Not a fan of that style eBay lights but they came out looking good.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
You had to solder the wires for halo rings? Should have just used some T-tap connectors.

OP
OP
Dippinchick

Dippinchick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You had to solder the wires for halo rings? Should have just used some T-tap connectors.

Didn't have to, soldered extensions into original wires so now it's just plug and play for the future

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Didn't have to, soldered extensions into original wires so now it's just plug and play for the future

But now your trucks wires have been cut and reconnected. You should have either used scotch locks or bought the Halo Adapters from JJ. That way your trucks oem harness remains in 1 piece.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
But now your trucks wires have been cut and reconnected. You should have either used scotch locks or bought the Halo Adapters from JJ. That way your trucks oem harness remains in 1 piece.

The harness wasn't cut. It was tapped the correct way. Done properly, this method is far superior to any sort of "tap" connector. There's a reason why the factory specifies wires should be tapped this way.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@OnSale- ya man 00R/T is right...the OP did this the right way and way cheaper than buying an adapter. Solder is the best way to connect wires...it's what I do for a living so I'd say that makes my opinion semi count lol. It's like welding metal but for wiring.
To the OP excellent job lights look great

OP
OP
Dippinchick

Dippinchick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@OnSale- ya man 00R/T is right...the OP did this the right way and way cheaper than buying an adapter. Solder is the best way to connect wires...it's what I do for a living so I'd say that makes my opinion semi count lol. It's like welding metal but for wiring.
To the OP excellent job lights look great

Lol I'm a 20 year old girl first time doing this so thanks for the compliments on my first attempt!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
The harness wasn't cut. It was tapped the correct way. Done properly, this method is far superior to any sort of "tap" connector. There's a reason why the factory specifies wires should be tapped this way.

But the wires had to be cut to be soldered. It is the "proper" way to do it but T-taps make for a easy removel.

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wires were stripped back not cut, anyways nice job to dippinchick on your install.
How is the output of light? And did you use factory bulbs or go with HIDs?

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
T-taps are terrible always allow corrosion and bad connections in the future. Solder is sure to make a great connection that will last. I remember when I bought my boat they had used t-taps and then electrical taped over them. Garbage! Ended up pulling the whole wiring harness in out of the trailer replacing the whole thing and then using heat shrink tubes and solder to make a fail proof connections to each light. Works perfect and can handle moisture over and over again.