Props to DeeZee - 2013 Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a tailgate assist from AutoAnything I got it, put it on and it hits the side of the gate by a good 1/8". I figure I would talk to DZ Tech first before I called AA to return it. DZ tells me that they are getting feedback that about 2% of the 2013's are not fitting right. They feel it is due to beds being miss aligned. Goes with some of the comments I have read here about body alignment I guess.

Anyway - guy said, I am going to send you a whole new unit that has a drop bracket that lowers the shock location away from the interference at no cost for anything. I told them I didn't buy it from them and they said no matter it is their product and they want to stand behind it!

I was off the phone in 6-7 minutes with a solution on the way.

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Great Customer Service.

You have any pics of it installed on yours?
I'm wanting one now that a fix is done.

Did he give you a new part number or mention how to order with the new bracket?

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great Customer Service.

You have any pics of it installed on yours?
I'm wanting one now that a fix is done.

Did he give you a new part number or mention how to order with the new bracket?

I have pictures of the specified one that didn't work and where it was hitting but the new one is on the way. I will post the part number when it arrives. He said it is a F150 kit, with the bracket and a shorter shock.

Again, there are people on here that have this on their 2013's. He said there are only a few that it doesn't clear so they are blaming assembly tolerances. I guess I'm one of the 2%er's my Mom would be so happy if I were still in School

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
The tailgate is mounted directly to the bed though, so bed mis-alignment would not affect the tolerances between the gate, and the bed itself. Must be something else, but that is awesome that they are getting you sorted so quickly. Hope the new kit works for you.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tailgate is mounted directly to the bed though, so bed mis-alignment would not affect the tolerances between the gate, and the bed itself. Must be something else, but that is awesome that they are getting you sorted so quickly. Hope the new kit works for you.

Actually, anything that makes the bed out of square would impact the gap alignment. One corner of the bed pushed forward or to the side even a minuscule amount would change it.

But I agree about the straightening out. I would have been very easy for them to say return it to where you got it, and order this #....

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the update. Please post pics when you can. I was thinking of getting one of these for my '13.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is great news. They also did well with me. Here is what they sent me a few weeks back.

This came from Dee Zee.

"Dear sir, looks like we will be redesigning the product for better fitment. This is still out 2-3 weeks. Once we make the change we can replace your tailgate assist for the new & improved item.
I look forward to assisting you when the item is ready.

Thank you,
DENISE “DEE” ENGLISH

Customer service dept.
Account manager
800-779-2102 ext 1364
Fax: 515-265-7926
[email protected]"

I posted some pictures of my gate in another thread titled 'Great cheap upgrade!' http://www.ramforum.com/555313-post19.html My one complaint is now having a deep scratch on the inside of gate. I hope the new kit fixes the problems.

Last edited:

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Good on Dee Zee for making it right. That is good customer service and good business. I'm glad they stand behind their products and step up when they need to.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's awesome to hear! Glad they're standing behind their product like that and are actually acknowledging there's an issue and have come up with a solution.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay - Got the new DZ Kit and its for an F150. Pic with the paint on the edge of the shock and the shock and cable at the same point is the Dodge Kit that I had issue with. The other is the new Ford one. 2 minutes to add the bracket and snap on the shock and BAM - No issues works Perfect!!

Now I have a brand new Dodge kit if anyone needs it - 20.00 + Ship

Attachments

• DZ Org.jpg
    DZ Org.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 80
  • new mount.jpg
    new mount.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 78

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! What is the Ford kit number? I will let the customer service rep that is helping me know it worked :)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I must have missed something---your trying to sell the Dodge kit that you replaced because it doesn't work????????? Sorry if I misunderstood but sometimes I have a hard time understanding----
Jay

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I must have missed something---your trying to sell the Dodge kit that you replaced because it doesn't work????????? Sorry if I misunderstood but sometimes I have a hard time understanding----
Jay

It works, just doesn't fit on a small (-2%) of the 2013 rams.

What is the model number of the f150 version?. I have a #DZ43300 on hold awaiting pick-up and of course, I don't know if I fall into that small group of 2013 owners the usual one won't work for.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! What is the Ford kit number? I will let the customer service rep that is helping me know it worked :)

I forgot to look at it - I will tonight.

Jay

Yea, what Jabalone said - It seems there is a very small % that hit the edge of the tailgate. The one I am selling has never been used, since it didn't work for me. It is a DZ43300 and works for 98% of the 2013's and I think everything 09-12.

It works, just doesn't fit on a small (-2%) of the 2013 rams.

What is the model number of the f150 version?. I have a #DZ43300 on hold awaiting pick-up and of course, I don't know if I fall into that small group of 2013 owners the usual one won't work for.

I will look at the package tonight and get the number. It showed up Friday before I left for the Nationwide Race so I tore into and stuck it on. and it worked great :party52:

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Kit that works for us unlucky 2013 Rams is Ford 04-13 F-150 DZ43200 the only revision is shown in the picture - Shorter shock and the drop plate.

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Kit that works for us unlucky 2013 Rams is Ford 04-13 F-150 DZ43200 the only revision is shown in the picture - Shorter shock and the drop plate.

Thank you! The drop plate seems to make all the difference. It doesn't allow the strut to stand out as far.