Proud New Truck Owner..I got a bumper question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Hey y'all. I've become the proud owner of a new-to-me 2011 Ram 1500 SLT. I picked it up with 51,000 miles.

I love it!......except for all that chrome... it's just wayyyyy too much for me so I'm working to black out of the truck and remove most of the chrome.

My mods so far:
Rough Country 6" Lift Kit
XD822 20" wheels
35" Toyo Open Country A/T
Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover

I want to thrown on some off-road bumpers, but I'm having difficulty deciding. I'm looking for a set that can give better wheel clearance but still take out a deer in passing without it getting too heavy. Any suggestions?

Suggestions I'll appreciate as I can't make up my mind. Bumpers I've considered for my model year are the TrailReady Light, ICI Magnum RT-series, Fab4 Black Steel Elite.. also was looking at the TrailReady off road bumper with grill guard and the Fab4 Prem with grill guard but they look very heavy. I'm not a real fan of diamond plating either.

I'm a really big fan of the GoRhino bumpers, but don't know if installing them would be as easy as replacing the grill to the '13-'17 version.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
I also failed to mention I'm a big fan of the ADD Stealth R bumpers. Been thinking about getting them. Problem is I was told they have a 5 - 6 week turn around.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
yea mine was ordered on March 29th and I still do not have it

Just went into powder coat on Wednesday , they said it should ship out today or Monday

The ADD bumpers are nice , I think what ever you decide on it will probably be a wait

Westin had a buy front get rear free deal ? not sure how long of wait it will be for that brand

TexEcoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 cummins
I have a hammerhead with the full guard, probably the best looking in my opinion and not super heavy I don't think, kinda higher up in the price range but if you are looking for a full guard you can't go wrong with a hammerhead

Attachments

• IMG_7549.jpg
    IMG_7549.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
I have a hammerhead with the full guard, probably the best looking in my opinion and not super heavy I don't think, kinda higher up in the price range but if you are looking for a full guard you can't go wrong with a hammerhead

Very nice!

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
yea mine was ordered on March 29th and I still do not have it

Just went into powder coat on Wednesday , they said it should ship out today or Monday

The ADD bumpers are nice , I think what ever you decide on it will probably be a wait

Westin had a buy front get rear free deal ? not sure how long of wait it will be for that brand

I'm really leaning towards the ADD. My concern is deer. As a NYS resident, deer come with the territory. I'm going to contact ADD and see what they have to say. Read somewhere they're always willing to work out costumer requests, if it's reasonable I would be inclined to have them expand their design into a grill guard.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I ordered on that deal. Was supposed to turn around in less than a week. Turns out it'll be 6 weeks maybe. Everytime I call Westin they give me a completely different story. Their customer service has been terrible so far and the ship date continues to slide.