Bumper upgrade questions. For 06 1500... ALSO Tire falling off/telephone pole = suggestion for new lights =) Thanks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodSignGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I've already purchased most of the replacement panels (hood, fender grill) that will be needed after finishing my homemade subframe repairs (just wait for pics b4/after)

I'm looking for suggestions on good inexpensive headlights for the 06 1500 as well as a suggestion for a good budget aftermarket bumper upgrade or maybe even some DIY Fab up suggestions/ideas/pics > bc i could not source any of either used locally unfortuntately for this 06-10 year model...

Oh yeah.

any of 'yall have issues with wheel hub separation even on recall done already Gen 3 2wd???

Man... seems to be a serious issue.

Hit phone pole at 50 and thankfully not a direct hit. Took out the crumple zone on the drivers bumper frame/mount also windshield and all front panels.

Found a recall for this exact problem pretty much running all the way up to 09s this 1 had the recall done but they they recalled the replacement part too and again etc..

besides the fact that I've now replaced both front spindles with 2011 Gen 4 hubs. I am thinking about adding a failsafe by putting at least a number eight hardness one and a half inch diameter Bolt through the center of the Hub. I'm not really wondering why this happens ONLY on two wheel Drive gen 3 trucks. Oh yeah it's because there's a giant hole in the center of the four-wheel drive wheel bearing assembly that's being used on a two-wheel drive application.? Wow.. not an engineer but even I could figure that one out.

Sorry for the long run but yeah I'm just venting and trying to inform here. I'm sure this has been an issue I have to search through the forms to look for fixes and stuff... so I was going to try monster bolt through the center of the Hub idea as a fail safe. If you've made it this far in this post. what do y'all think?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My profile pic you can see the bumper I built. Designed on 3D CAD, had it laser cut and formed in 5 sections at work. I welded it together and hand fabbed all the tubing. RC LED lights recessed behind the front plate. Sprayed with Raptor liner. 50hr not including design (went through many design iterations). I can attach more pics if you are interested.

Its as complicated as you make it, I've seen some ghetto stuff around town that I could weld up in an hour.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357