Rattle Under Truck....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey guys,

I have a rattle under my truck when I accelerate or slow down. I notice it mostly when slowing down and while turning. It sounds like a heat shield rattling, but they're tight. I've checked all I can think to under it and nothing. Has anyone else had this issues? Also, do you guys think it could be because of the bigger tires I put on?

Maven05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had rattle noise too. Check your rear sway bar links. That is most likely is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this same issue right now on my 2011.. Sounds like heat shield but they are tight. I do have an exhaust clamp that's a bit loose, might be that..I can't get a socket on it so I'm taking to a shop in Wednesday to get fixed along with my factory running board that just feel off over the weekend.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks guys, I'll check it tomorrow after work. I don't think its hurting anything, it is just annoying/embarrassing. Let me know what the dealer finds? I like my dealer I go to, but don't wanna wait around 3 hours for something I can fix in 20 minutes.

Mike.luciano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, I'll check it tomorrow after work. I don't think its hurting anything, it is just annoying/embarrassing. Let me know what the dealer finds? I like my dealer I go to, but don't wanna wait around 3 hours for something I can fix in 20 minutes.
I had a rattle taken care of today... was a caliper bolt, might want to check them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Maven05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I forgot to mention the bushings also. They are cheap. If you were to replace the sway bar links,replace the bushings also

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had an issue with an exhaust clamp being loose the first week I had my truck. Check where the Y-pipe comes down from the headers and goes into the straight pipe. There is a clamp there and it was loose, and too rusty to tighten so I just tacked the pipe into place. No more rattle. Not sure if this will help but when you said heat shield it caught my attention because thats exactly what I thought at first. It rattled at lower RPMs and when you came to a stop and were at idle

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm gunna try the brake calipers. It sounds more like it "could" be around the wheels to me cause it is louder when I brake and turn. It wasn't the sway bars, checked them and they are good and tight. I've removed the clamp from the y-pipe already a few months ago and that wasn't the issue.

OP
OP
atc06jh

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Crawled under it the other day. The sound is a lot like the little heat shields around the brakes vibrating. So I pushed them outward some. The passenger's side one had a SMALL rock up inside it that fell out. Every since doing that, no rattle. Hoping this fixed it. If not, that Carven Progressive I ordered should do the trick!