tread life on Nitto m/t trail grappler tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discojables

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
After approx 15k mile the tires are dead. I rotate every 3k to 5k miles and keep everything balanced and aligned. I do mostly highway of my daily driving so I realize mud terrain tires were a bad choice but still... Not super pleased with the tread life.

I will be going with the General extreme traction tire next. Of course pics will be posted. ;)

Thought you might like to know.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
good to know, i was looking into these for my next set. i have terra grapplers now and have had them a while and the treads holding up by they are starting to show some dry rot :disgust:

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
good to know, i was looking into these for my next set. i have terra grapplers now and have had them a while and the treads holding up by they are starting to show some dry rot :disgust:

if you bought them at discount with the warranty they should replace them for free. but if not then that suuuuuuuuuuuuucks ha

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i have had 2 set of trail grapplers, tires wore great. both had about 10k on them and almost looked new still. if find it very very hard to believe they are bald, unless they were on a 1 ton and hauled super heavy hauls or abused

OP
OP
discojables

discojables

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ATOM ppl like you make me dislike forums. Thanks for callin me on my shyt though coz... what do I know, right?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I had two different friends have the same problem on an f150 and a 3rd gen ram

It has made me stay away from the grappler series no matter how many people rant and race about them on forums

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
ATOM ppl like you make me dislike forums. Thanks for callin me on my shyt though coz... what do I know, right?

do you want a tissue? I simply stated that I have had 2 sets and had no issues. 15k miles and a set of tires are wore out is hard to believe with any tire.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

do you want a tissue? I simply stated that I have had 2 sets and had no issues. 15k miles and a set of tires are wore out is hard to believe with any tire.

Guys...lets keep this on topic, please. We have all had our experiences with tires and some will vary from one truck to another. So, lets post our experiences without the bickering, please.

Thanks guys.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have never had a set of grapplers, but reading about them all over the place made me stay away. I have had two sets of **** Cepek FC II's, one set in 33' on an Avalanche, and now a set in 35" on the ram. Treadwear is excellent, I had 30k+ miles on the 33's and still had 85% left when I sold the truck. I have about 10K on the 35's and they look new. A lot quieter than grapplers, too.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Scott, I'm glad you posted, I was going to tell him to contact Nitto knowing what happened in your situation. My trails held up well until I upgraded so it sounds like a possible manufacturer issue to wear out that quickly

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had two sets of trails also and they wore fine...I only kept my 35s for about 15k miles but they had half tread atleast..Have about 11k on my current 37s and they have atleast 3/4 tread left if not more...Were you using these tires on a 1/2 ton or what? 15k is not normal for any tire..**** you could get 20k out of some boggers probably...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That sucks. Hope you can get nitto to take care of you

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I have only put about 1k miles on my Trail Grapplers so far...but so far so good! To early to tell any wear but hell they still look brand new! Sorry this happened to ya, but as mentioned contact Nitto!

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
My first set of Trails wore really well. They had 17k miles on them and had 80% tread life left. They started cracking in between the tread. So got a hold of Nitto and they replaced my 37's for free. I have no problem with Nitto tires.

thats what mine are doing, ill call nitto monday