Nitto EXO Grappler - - - Absolutely Incredible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thorbeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I just wanted to give my personal review of the nitto exo grappler.

Truck= 16 Ram 2500 6.4 Crew Cab
Suspension= BDS leveling kit with fox shocks.
Wheels/Tires=35x1250R20 Nitto EXO Grapplers on 20x10 Fuel sledge -18

Driving environment= Northern New England. 70% highway 30% city and back roads

Miles on tires= approximately 9,000

All terrain/mud tires I personally have experience with on trucks= Toyo AT, toyo at2, bfg ko, bfg km2, fierce attitude mt

Highway 8/10, these are comparable to the toyo in terms of road noise where it is very minimal. They ride smooth and balanced well, the truck feels stable at high speeds

City 10/10, traction off the line, braking and cornering are all excellent

Snow 10/10..a SOLID 10/10. I could not be more impressed with this tire the snow. We get bad storms here. 8-12" in a day, lots of ice, you name it. I can hammer down and I get traction just fine. I've tested braking distance many times and it's been phenomenal. They pretty much perform like an actual winter tire in the snow.

Everyone raves about the Falken for a true all weather tire. I don't have anything against it except it didn't have the aggressive look I wanted. The nitto just looks way better so I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't see any reason to change now. Very happy with it

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hey guys I just wanted to give my personal review of the nitto exo grappler.

Truck= 16 Ram 2500 6.4 Crew Cab
Suspension= BDS leveling kit with fox shocks.
Wheels/Tires=35x1250R20 Nitto EXO Grapplers on 20x10 Fuel sledge -18

Driving environment= Northern New England. 70% highway 30% city and back roads

Miles on tires= approximately 9,000

All terrain/mud tires I personally have experience with on trucks= Toyo AT, toyo at2, bfg ko, bfg km2, fierce attitude mt

Highway 8/10, these are comparable to the toyo in terms of road noise where it is very minimal. They ride smooth and balanced well, the truck feels stable at high speeds

City 10/10, traction off the line, braking and cornering are all excellent

Snow 10/10..a SOLID 10/10. I could not be more impressed with this tire the snow. We get bad storms here. 8-12" in a day, lots of ice, you name it. I can hammer down and I get traction just fine. I've tested braking distance many times and it's been phenomenal. They pretty much perform like an actual winter tire in the snow.

Everyone raves about the Falken for a true all weather tire. I don't have anything against it except it didn't have the aggressive look I wanted. The nitto just looks way better so I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't see any reason to change now. Very happy with it
Still need some pictures please

Blue Mule

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a nice looking tire. Nice tread. My SRA's are still new but when I replace them I'll be looking for a mild AT tire or at least one that is quiet and rides smooth. These will probably be on my list to check out. Do you tow? I'm curious how they handle when there is some weight on them. What's the load rating? Thanks for the post and pics.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
They are not real quiet, and they do sing a bit, but not annoying. They have an extra ply in the sidewall, and are SUPER stable when towing. When I had my 2500, my GCRW with my toyhauler loaded was 23,160, with over 4,800 lbs on the gooseneck hitch, which put me well over the RAWR, and the tire weight rating, and the truck handled it great, with no wiggle or squirm from the tires.

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice review. I just put a set of the terra grappler g2 on my 1500 in December. So far Im very happy with them as well. Sooooo much better then the stock sra's.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Terra grapplers(XL 5 ply) will be a better 1500 tire in noise comfort and dry/wet performance.

The CT/EXO’s are Canada OEM tire on a lot of commercial/service vehicles, great winter and heavier duty tread but still maintain decent road manners.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the Terra Grapplers on Two RCSBs . After having E rated 35-12.50-20 KO2s, knocking off 20lbs per tire (IIRC) made a huge difference in ride and is less than a half inch shorter and an inch narrower than the 35" KO2s they replaced.

Last edited:

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's a nice looking tire. Nice tread. My SRA's are still new but when I replace them I'll be looking for a mild AT tire or at least one that is quiet and rides smooth. These will probably be on my list to check out. Do you tow? I'm curious how they handle when there is some weight on them. What's the load rating? Thanks for the post and pics.

Jesus !?!?! Are you gonna deal with those ****** stock SRA’s till they wear out ? Mine were gone in the first 500 miles, and the Goodyear store gave me full credit towards another Goodyear/Kelly/Dunlop product ... I couldn’t stand em ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Jesus !?!?! Are you gonna deal with those ****** stock SRA’s till they wear out ? Mine were gone in the first 500 miles, and the Goodyear store gave me full credit towards another Goodyear/Kelly/Dunlop product ... I couldn’t stand em ...

If I knew they gave full credit I would have done that. Too late for me I have over 30k on my tires

Last edited:

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Of I knew they gave full credit I would have done that. Too late for me I have over 30k on my tires

I knew the truck was comin to the dealer with **** on it when I ordered it ... Had the swap planned with the Goodyear store weeks before the truck arrived ... They put Silent Armor Kevlars In 285/60R20 on it ... They lasted 50K and did great in wet and winter ... Cost me $300

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ran a set of EXO's on my Cummins. They were not bad. My snow/mud performance was not great, just okay at best (Colorado snow, Georgia mud). My biggest issue I had was they started wearing funny as the miles went up. I had to really stay on top of them and that got frustrating.

OP
OP
Thorbeast

Thorbeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran a set of EXO's on my Cummins. They were not bad. My snow/mud performance was not great, just okay at best (Colorado snow, Georgia mud). My biggest issue I had was they started wearing funny as the miles went up. I had to really stay on top of them and that got frustrating.

Interesting. How often were you rotating them and aligning it?

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
I had Exo's for a few months. Just too much singing for me.

mopareg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Also put these on my 2500HD, great tire...……..:33:

gasjr4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I actually hear their Ridge Grappler is better... Also comes in more sizes. I've got the Dura now that are about gone... Great tire for what they were.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got 52k out of mine still had life left but changed them out bc of Balance was messed up And they were too far gone to try to save them so I got ridge grapplers now other than that they did fine