Nitto EXO Grappler - - - Absolutely Incredible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erictomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a '16 1500 Big Horn with 52K miles and the original SRAs. They were on the truck when I bought it last year, so I figured I'd just run them out. Everyone seems to hate them, but for city and highway driving I have to say that I love the way the truck rides...smooth and quiet.

So with that in mind, I'm looking for suggestions on tires that will provide the smooth and quiet ride I want 95% of the time, and also provide good snow traction for the 5% of the time I drive in the snow. I like the aggressive look of some of the tires I see, but not enough to sacrifice ride quality or add additional road noise.

I guess I essentially want it all. LOL! Thanks in advance for the benefit of your experience!

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a '16 1500 Big Horn with 52K miles and the original SRAs. They were on the truck when I bought it last year, so I figured I'd just run them out. Everyone seems to hate them, but for city and highway driving I have to say that I love the way the truck rides...smooth and quiet.

So with that in mind, I'm looking for suggestions on tires that will provide the smooth and quiet ride I want 95% of the time, and also provide good snow traction for the 5% of the time I drive in the snow. I like the aggressive look of some of the tires I see, but not enough to sacrifice ride quality or add additional road noise.

I guess I essentially want it all. LOL! Thanks in advance for the benefit of your experience!

That is why I went with the Nitto Terra Grappler 275-65-20 XL rated which is compatible with the OE tires load range wise just a little stronger. Its not an E rated tire like most this size so it rides better and is much lighter than the E rated . 20 lbs lighter than a BFG KO2 35-12.50-20 they replaced on my last truck and only a half inch shorter and an inch narrower. My daughter now has that truck and I now have the same Nittos on my latest truck. 74107