14 Big Horn - Heated Steering Wheel Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spankie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone has already taken on the task of installing a heated steering wheel into a truck that didn't come with this option.

Also on another note, anyone know of a part number and/or someone who swapped their dash for the leather dash pad?

Thanks,

Spankie

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wondering if anyone has already taken on the task of installing a heated steering wheel into a truck that didn't come with this option.

Also on another note, anyone know of a part number and/or someone who swapped their dash for the leather dash pad?

Thanks,

Spankie

I believe you will need the steering wheel, the dash switch, the switch wiring harness, a new clock spring, and a new steering wheel wire harness.
As long as you are going to pull the wheel if you don't have the audio controls on the wheel you might consider adding them as well.
I posted a DIY for adding the audio controls, the harness would be different for a heated wheel but the other parts are correct and the steps for removing the airbag and wheel might help you.
http://www.ramforum.com/f75/diy_2013-2014_oem_steering_wheel_audio_control_install-54449/

OP
OP
Spankie

Spankie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, Trying to get my list of projects together as my garage is and over sized tool shed and its in the -20's here now.

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can it's very much worth it
I love my heated steering wheel