2013 seats in a 2014?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Okay in my search for seats without much success. I've come across a 2013 with leather seat with what looks like cloth inserts? They are heated plus has at least an ra3 plus the heated steering wheel. My question is what issues will I have wiring wise. If I buy it I'm buying the complete wrecked truck. So I can scavenge any damn thing on the interior I want. So I could get any wiring I want out of it. I literally am just going by a few pictures though. Can you all take a look & let me know if I am right. Would suck to find out they were Vinyl. Anyway just wondering what difference I may see between this 13 & my 14

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 50
  • Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 56
  • ra4.jpg
    ra4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 57
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 53

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you have the same console as the one pictured. Will the cost of the Ram be outweighed by what you can salvage in parts

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have the console *** shifter. So that part is different. All that is bolt in stuff though. So I just wouldn't use that part from the new truck. On the cost I have no idea yet. I don't plan to bid more than $1500 so should be fine there. At this point anyway. Pretty doubtful I can get it for that. Why I'm looking for more info

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's a sport. That's why the seats are like that with the cloth centers. They're heated but not cooled. They'll work fine in an 04.

If you get it, I call dibs on the shifter!

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It's a sport. That's why the seats are like that with the cloth centers. They're heated but not cooled. They'll work fine in an 04.

If you get it, I call dibs on the shifter!

Does the sport have better door panels? Looks like there is leather on the dash above the cluster. I'm not to worried about getting cooled seats as nice as I am sure they would be. not something I have ever had. So no big loss there. Will still be an upgrade over my no option manual cloth seats. LOL! Would these sports seats have more lumbar support? Are they manual or electric? Can't see that in the pics

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does the sport have better door panels? Looks like there is leather on the dash above the cluster. I'm not to worried about getting cooled seats as nice as I am sure they would be. not something I have ever had. So no big loss there. Will still be an upgrade over my no option manual cloth seats. LOL! Would these sports seats have more lumbar support? Are they manual or electric? Can't see that in the pics

The door panels are nicer than the basic ones but not as nice as the Laramie. The only real difference over the plain ones is the "leather" on the armrest. The dash is "leather" wrapped as well. The seats are the same shape as the ones in the Laramie, but they're vinyl and cloth instead of leather and they're only power on the driver's side.

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
The door panels are nicer than the basic ones but not as nice as the Laramie. The only real difference over the plain ones is the "leather" on the armrest. The dash is "leather" wrapped as well. The seats are the same shape as the ones in the Laramie, but they're vinyl and cloth instead of leather and they're only power on the driver's side.

Crap so that isn't leather on the seats? It is Vinyl :yucky:
Well now I hope I don't win. I suppose I can still Katzkin them later. Last time I bid before I am positive though. Argh but oh well. I'll be shocked if I win. If I do I can get my money back out of it. It will be a good learning experience either way.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Crap so that isn't leather on the seats? It is Vinyl :yucky:

Well now I hope I don't win. I suppose I can still Katzkin them later. Last time I bid before I am positive though. Argh but oh well. I'll be shocked if I win. If I do I can get my money back out of it. It will be a good learning experience either way.

Even the Laramie seats aren't leather, they're "leather trimmed". The longhorn ones are "premium leather" and a little better. There's a pretty massive difference between Chrysler's regular and premium leather seats, IMO. The seats in my 300 SRT are incredible. I really want to check out a RAM in Limited trim because I'm guessing those seats are at that level.

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So the premium leather are only on the Longhorn or a Limited? Which years had the heating & cooling in the seats?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So the premium leather are only on the Longhorn or a Limited? Which years had the heating & cooling in the seats?

There are three different types of leather seats they call out.
Leather trimmed - Sport(optional) & Laramie
Premium Leather - Laramie Longhorn
Natura Leather - Limited

All the leather seats in every year ('13+ at least, that's all I pay attention to) are heated and ventilated. The Sport has leather seats as an option and they're basically Laramie seats without the Laramie logo.

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Okay I got outbid & I'm not going to pursue it. Just going to wait for the right deal to come along. I am in no rush