Anyone modded the business card holder to hold a cell phone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am definitely interested as well. Mine would be too easy, since I too have a Galaxy S5 in a case as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I am glad you like it. If you can, email me at [email protected] and I will either send you the file (for free) so you can have it 3D printed yourself, or I can give you the details if you want me to have it made for you.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thats sweet!! I would like one as well. iPhone 5 If you have time? I use mine for gum. Trident pack fits perfect. But a cell phone holder would be a lot more practical. :waytogo:

Here is a picture of what my wife's iPhone 6 looks like in the original holder I made. I have since made modifications to the dimensions to make it a better for for an iPhone. If you are interested in getting one, you can email me directly at [email protected]
http://www.ramforum.com/picture.php?albumid=3070&pictureid=19744

Reactions: JJK

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here is a picture of what an iPhone 6S looks like in the original holder. I have made some modifications and having a new holder made for the iPhone and will post a picture when I get it back from the printer.

www.ramforum.com/members/wadestar-albums-business_card_phone_holder-picture19744-iphone_6s.html[/IMG]

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
With the iPhone 6S
picture.php

iRamYou

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7L HEMI
With the iPhone 6S
picture.php

Fantastic work wadestar, very impressive.

I wonder if it would look a tad more aesthetically pleasing if the back portion of the holder did not go higher than the phone itself.

Does that make sense?

What did the printer charge you to print it? If it isn't to much I may give it a shot if you don't mind sharing the file.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL

I wonder if it would look a tad more aesthetically pleasing if the back portion of the holder did not go higher than the phone itself.

Does that make sense?

What did the printer charge you to print it? If it isn't to much I may give it a shot if you don't mind sharing the file.

Cut with a dremel, sand until smooth and then paint to match interior.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Does that make sense?

Thank you for the feedback...I appreciate it. I made this for my Samsung Galaxy S5 so the dimensions were a bit bigger than for the iPhone. However...in both instances I've already changed the height on the back and I have sent it off to get printed. I will post pictures when I get it back.

If you want the file, email me at [email protected]

As for cost...I am new to this, but I was surprised how much it cost to get printed. Believe it or not, it was $93 to have the first one printed. I am looking into a manufacturing outfit to produce these for a LOT cheaper, or...I am going to buy my own 3D printer and print them myself. And, I am impulsive so who knows, by Monday I may have a 3D printer on my desk printing away...:)

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good wadestar. Ought to get a group buy going once you get your own printer and what not. I'd take one for a iPhone 6 if the price is fair.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bench seat FTW, I have 3 cup holders in the massive armrest that can hold my cell, tape measure, even a pistol without rattling around. It was a real back saver being able to lay down across all of the seat when doing the cabin filter mod.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a LG G3

I have a model that is complete and ready to go. You can find it at: Ram Galaxy (VJUN5U7WA) by wadestar

This website that makes the product (shapeways.com) is where I have had my final products made for each phone. The quality is outstanding, but...I must warn you...it is a bit expensive. I am not marking these up 1 penny. This is exactly the cost I pay when I have them make it.

There are a couple options, however...you can download the file of the holder for free and find your own company to print it out in 3D, or...you can wait a bit and I am currently search for a company to manufacture these. But...even if I get a contract in hand shortly, it may still be a bit before I get the product.

Let me know if you have any questions.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks good wadestar. Ought to get a group buy going once you get your own printer and what not. I'd take one for a iPhone 6 if the price is fair.

So...I've been hard at work getting my own 3D printer up and running, and fine tuning the different holders to accommodate different phones.

What I've learned so far is...what I can print out is no where near the quality that I would want in my truck...nor would I put my name on it. I can print off prototypes and such, but for the final printing I've realized you need to go to the commercial folks...like Shapeways - 3D Printing Service and Marketplace

Unfortunately, with quality comes cost, and they aren't cheap. If you have a regular iPhone 6 (not plus), you can find the size for your phone at Ram Galaxy (VJUN5U7WA) by wadestar

Again...be prepared that it is a little expensive. You can download the file for the holder for free, or...you can wait for a while as I am trying to find a manufacturer to make these for me considerably cheaper.

Wade

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok screw you guys I was the first one to ask for one! lol

That's right...you were the first! Unfortunately, making the holder for the bigger phones (iPhone 6 Plus) was the hardest to make, but it is finished.

You can find it here Model | Shapeways

This company that is making them for me (Shapeways - 3D Printing Service and Marketplace) makes great 3D prints and is the company I use for all my finished projects. Unfortunately, it is a bit expensive, but worth the money.

You can download the file for free if you want to find another 3D printer to print it for you, or...you can wait a while as I am currently looking for a manufacturer to make these holders considerably cheaper.

JJK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport quad 4X4 HEMI 5.7
I'm stoked! Mine is on the way!!:peace: Pic's to follow

NvdRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone wired up a charger in that spot? Was thinking it would be a fairly easy mod.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered the Ram Small from Shapeways. It should hold my iPhone 6 (with case) perfectly.

I'll be watching for a reply to the charger question. I'm definitely planning to run a cable to it.